Company Description|Job Description
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Looking for a product manager with extensive market knowledge of Third Party data & product evaluation experience. The role will primarily focus on global merchant data enrichment & specific responsibilities will include:
- Define & strategize the usage of Third Party data to enhance merchant data experience within Visa.
- Lead assessment of vendors & coordinate across cross-functional teams.
- Evaluate new partner opportunities; drive POCs & R&Ds independently with a close eye on data governance & quality.
- Present end products, ideas, analysis at the leadership level.
- Identify new opportunities & uses of third party merchant data to improve overall data usage experience.
- Develop & execute on product roadmaps, work with technology & owns the strategy & key decisions throughout the product/platform development lifecycle.
- Manage multiple product needs at a time from conception to completion
- Work with internal/external customers & clients to understand their strategic business requirements & lead the merchant data ingestion strategy for effective platform/product growth.
- Work cross-functionally with other product, technology & business partners.
10 years of work experience with a Bachelor's Degree or at least 8 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD) or at least 3 years of work experience with a PhD
- Minimum of 7+ years of experience in relevant fields such as payments industry, business consulting, or other data-driven functions.
- 5+ years of experience in planning, organizing, & managing data, merchant data experience is strongly preferred. Analytics experience serving various industries will be a plus
- Bachelor's degree in quantitative/relevant field such as Statistics, Operational Research, Computer Science, Economics, Business Administration, etc.
- Proficiency & real-world experience in analytics tools & big data platforms including Hive/SQL, Impala, SAS, Python
- Extensive experience with SQL for extracting & aggregating data
- High level of competence in Excel, PowerPoint, & data visualization/business intelligence tools like Tableau/Microstrategy
- Familiarity or experience with data mining & statistical modeling (e.g., regression modeling, clustering techniques, decision trees, etc.) is very helpful
- Developed & executed a strategy for data acquisition
- Deeply familiar with data vendors specifically in FinTech, understanding of the ecosystem, pricing & contract structures
- Good business acumen to orient data analysis to business needs of clients
- Team oriented, energetic, collaborative, diplomatic, & strategic thinker
- Superb communication & organization skills
- Ability to adjust to & take up different roles/responsibilities within the team, if required
Incumbent must make themselves available onsite during core business hours
May be needed to take phone calls with teams in various time zones as needed
Travel as needed by the business up to 20%
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit & stand at a desk, communicate in person & by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones & computers, reach with hands & arms, & bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines & applicable local law.