Company Description|Job Description
Fascinated by the future & captivated by technology?
Smart, driven & want to make a difference in the world?
You'll fit right in.
Join a diverse team at Visa, where your individuality fits right in. We can provide the opportunity to shape the payments experience globally. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Think you know us?
Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable & secure digital payment network that enables individuals, businesses & economies to thrive.
Individuality fuels our brand & our global team - we're proud that we are a talented team of 15,000 individuals with unique backgrounds, perspectives & experiences. Therefore, we understand that you are much more than your day job. We encourage quality of life outside of the office, whether it's taking advantage of agile work schedules or our wellness programs, Visa respects & encourages meaningful work/life balance for everyone. In addition, we offer market leading salary & have a fantastic benefits offering.
So, if you're not satisfied with the status quo, we can satisfy your desire to explore new territory, giving you the runway to really make an impact, whilst connecting you with teams around the world in a truly inclusive culture that celebrates our uniqueness.
What's it all about?
Earthport is a financial technology business that provides cross-border payment processing services to banks & payments businesses across 6 continents through its global network.
One of the fastest growing global Fintech businesses, Earthport is a UK innovation success story, listed on the London Stock Exchange with offices in London, New York, Singapore, Miami & Dubai, expanding each year. The Group also provides tailored FX & payment solutions direct
to corporates through its EarthportFX brand.
We use four values to help inform & guide the way in which we undertake our work, both internally & externally. These values provide an insight into our shared spirit & common culture. They also help set the expectations for individuals joining our business & insight
into what we look for in you.
Visa connects the world through the most innovative, reliable & secure digital payment network, & is well positioned to lead the digital transformation of the payments industry, enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive.
The Banking Partner Network is one of the core assets of Earthport. It provides the basis for our reach & allows us to set apart our value proposition to settle in full & with greater speed & transparency than traditional correspondent banking. We currently reach 89 countries through local payment schemes & this role is critical in leading the optimisation & strategic expansion of that network so that it is fit to scale & deliver brilliant customer service.
What we expect of you, day to day.
- Preparing, scoping information, project definition & project plans for new partner integrations, route improvements & mandatory changes
- Matrix managing all project resources, ensuring all project resources are aware of the detailed of tasks assigned to them including start, end dates, effort, budget, responsibilities & any relevant issues. This is a matrix management function, therefore resources are spread across different teams in Earthport & are not reporting into the project manager
- Ensure all project resources understand & follow the Network Delivery processes
- Prepare & conduct project meetings with the partner & the project teams
- Plan, monitor, control & report on key aspects of project such as scope, budget, resource consumption, duration & client satisfaction, including lessons learnt. This includes regular project status reports outlining project progress for both the partner & Earthport's management
- Maintain detailed & up-to-date project plans for projects
- Assesses risks to projects & work to mitigate these risks
- Actively manage, track & drive issue resolution
- Manage changes that are requested or required in the project
- Ensure the quality of project management processes & framework
- The role is key to driving network capability & performance & will:
- Build joined up working between network strategy, banking services & account & relationship managers
- Drive resilience in our network through delivery of dual supply partners
- Drive partner efficiency & ratings towards A/B' as a lead contributor to cost to serve improvements
- Identify, iterate & implement opportunities to continuously improve the way we onboard our partners such that we learn from prior engagements & get better each time
- Provide quality, objective analysis & recommendations for prioritisation of network development initiatives
- Support agile exec decision-making with succinct, reasoned arguments & appropriate use of analytical tools
What we're after...
- Solid grounding & proven expertise in the project management discipline
- Knowledge of structured project management methodologies & project management tools used to plan & monitor project progress (Prince2, MSP or PMP or equivalent advantageous).
- Knowledge in Integrated project planning, i.e. Project planning with critical path analysis, dependency mapping & resource (workload) balancing etc.
- High-levels of proficiency in MS Project & Excel is essential
- High level of skill with managing people in matrix organisation, relationships, processes, work & budgets during the project life-cycle
- Excellent planning, problem solving, organisation, analytical & issue resolution skills.
- Ability to work under pressure, both in terms of deliverable deadlines, but also in terms of communication with managers & resources under difficult situations & deadlines with clients & partners.
- Technical background, knowledge & experience with software development technologies & experience of working in an Agile environment advantageous but not essential
- Exposure to & experience in financial services, particularly payments an advantage.
Your Personal Attributes
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal communication & teamwork skills & the ability to build & maintain strong relationships with partners, senior managers & all Earthport staff/ Earthport functional areas using collaborative approach
- Calm, professional & assertive
- Excellent written & verbal skills with emphasis on negotiating, influencing, facilitating & presentation skills
- Ability to interact at senior level confidently
- Strong experience in working with a distributed global model - because of the nature of the role, it is anticipated that some modest flexibility in hours may be required when working on projects in significantly different time zones.
This role will be based at the Earthport offices in the City of London.
Think you have what it takes?
If you are interested in a career that will challenge & inspire you - we'd love to hear from you!
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it's the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture & background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay & actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds & perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work & a better business partner to our clients.