As part of the Process Engine squad youll dive into challenges of scaling a complex & powerful platform (PaaS). Youll get to build the engine behind Appians core platform. As an increasing number of apps are being built by our users on the platform the process engine squad must shape the future of Appians analytics & reporting engine.
- Data is your passion. Youre an efficient & elegant coder, ideally with 5+ years of strong experience building applications using kdb+/q
- Data structures & algorithms delight you; you thrive on solving labyrinthine problems within large, high-performance, real-time, distributed data systems
- Fundamentals arent always fun -- but you know they are critical for understanding anything you seek to learn
- You have no problem with OOP or functional programming
- Huge plus if you have familiarity with enterprise search products
Working in Appian Engineering:
- Indie & learning time-- set aside every month for side projects & professional development
- Lateral mobility encouraged by supportive senior leadership
About Us :
Appian helps organizations build apps & workflows rapidly, with a low-code automation platform. Combining people, technologies, & data in a single workflow, Appian can help companies maximize their resources & improve business results. Many of the worlds largest organizations use Appian applications to improve customer experience, achieve operational excellence, & simplify global risk management & compliance. Our employees create opportunities to drive hands-on impact both with our customers & throughout the organization, which creates an environment where meaningful work is met with career growth & opportunity. As a result, we are proud to have been recognized as a Washington Post Top Workplace for seven consecutive years. Simply put, we are changing the way businesses operate & our employees are to thank for Appians success.
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their coworker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination . If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at ReasonableAccommodations@appian.com & let us know the nature of your request & your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.