The DoorDash Product team is expanding to New York!
At DoorDash, we're redefining the future of on-demand delivery. We're building a small team of incredibly talented product leaders to define & execute on our vision of connecting local delivery networks in cities all across the world.
You'll work among star engineers, designers, & operators in a fast-growing environment. The role demands a mix of great technical depth, principled thinking & well-honed product judgment. Given the three-sided nature of our business, this leader will not have the luxury of having tunnel-vision for any one area; rather, you will need to think holistically & understand the business deeply to set the right long term strategy for the company.
What You'll Do
- Lead a cross-functional team of engineering, design, operations, marketing, local markets. You'll drive product definition, strategy, & long term vision for initiatives across audiences of our 3-sided marketplace of consumers, merchants, & Dashers.
- Identify the biggest problems to solve. Drive new feature development from start to finish.
- Run user research, usability studies, data-driven experiments to inform product direction
- Craft the strategic direction of the company
- Establish, monitor, & measure success metrics after launch. Consistently integrate behavior data & customer feedback into key product decisions.
- Communicate product plans, benefits & results to all audiences - within teams, company, to users, press etc.
- Natural ability to make stuff happen around you through influence. You handle chaos, ambiguity & complexity, in a detailed, organized way
- "Spidey-sense" product instincts & an ability to balance user & business impact
- Shipped creative & highly successful consumer tech products; involved in process end-to-end
- Clear, concise, & thorough written & oral communication skills
- Experience analyzing & using data to inform decisions
- 3+ years of product management, engineering or design experience
- CS degree or coded production-level web/mobile apps in the past
- Experience starting/scaling a successful startup from the ground up
- Strong interest in logistics, online-to-offline, on-demand services, transportation, marketplaces
- Avid DoorDash user
This role reports to a Director of Product & will work closely with different functional heads in the company, including engineering, design, support, operations, & marketing.
Founded in 2013, DoorDash is a San Francisco-based technology company passionate about transforming local businesses & dedicated to enabling new ways of working, earning, & living. Today, DoorDash connects customers with their favorite local & national businesses in more than 3,000 cities across the United States & Canada. By building intelligent, last-mile delivery technology for local cities, DoorDash aims to connect people with the things they care about one dash at a time.