Who are we?
At Intersection, we are at the forefront of the smart cities revolution. Our mission is to improve daily life in cities & public spaces, with products that bridge the digital & physical worlds by delivering connectivity, information & content to enrich our everyday journeys & elevate the urban experience.
We pair our human-centered methodology with cutting-edge technology to design, develop, deliver, & maintain unique products & experiences in public space that deliver value to advertisers, cities, & consumers. Whether partnering with urban transit systems to revolutionize commuting & travel, with cities to transform how they connect with residents & visitors, or private developers to create unforgettable experiences in neighborhoods & districts, our solutions are scalable platforms on which our clients can build the future.
Intersection is backed by Alphabet through its urban technology company Sidewalk Labs.
What is the role?
As a Software Engineer at Intersection, you will help build a platform focused on advancing transit experiences. You will work with team members from across the organization to design, build, & operate a next-generation platform that enables transit authorities to communicate with commuters & improve the rider experience by offering interactive solutions. Youll be an integral part of efforts to shape, develop & manage our capabilities, implement & manage customer & product solutions, leveraging creative capabilities, data, & infrastructure across various owned & operated properties.
Your First 30 Days:
- Spend time with engineers & product getting up to speed on the current project
- Begin implementing small code improvements to familiarize yourself with our platform
- Have conversations with people across the engineering organization to build your understanding of Transit & related products
Your First 60 days:
- Work with the Engineering Manager & the rest of the engineers to refine the Transit engineering squad's practices & processes
- Develop significant new functionality for our back-end and/or front-end services
- Develop a deep understanding of the business environment & strategy
- Develop an understanding of the transit system environment
Your First 90 Days:
- Get involved with our hiring process to bring more engineers into our organization
- Participate in technical decisions for Transit
- Design & implement significant technical architecture improvements
- Collaborate to define the technical needs for continued worldwide Transit expansion
You are awesome for the role:
- You have 2+ years of full-stack software engineering experience
- You have strong experience with React and/or Python, or comparable languages & tools
- You have strong experience with RESTful APIs
- You care about building clear, maintainable code
- You are excellent at communicating & collaborating
- You care about automating & improving tasks
- You have a track record of building & operating successful products & platforms
- You care about improving customer experience for transit riders
Intersection is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Consistent with our mission of serving a diverse & global audience, we value a diverse workforce & inclusive culture which reflects that. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, disability, & veteran status.