WHO WE ARE
Braze (formerly Appboy) is a customer engagement platform that forms strong bonds between people & the brands they love. We empower brands to humanize their connections with customers through technology, resulting in better experiences & increased retention, lifetime value, & ROI. Teams use Braze to deliver highly personalized messaging experiences that span across channels, platforms, & devices. This is made possible by our stack, which is located at the core of a modern marketing technology ecosystem.
Braze is a venture-backed company with hundreds of employees. Our offices are located in New York City, San Francisco, & London. Most recently, weve been named a Leader in the Forrester Wave: Mobile Engagement Automation, Q3 2017 evaluation. Weve received the Digiday Signal Award for Best CRM, in addition to being named VentureBeat Omnichannel MMAs Best Bet, a Cloud100 Rising Star in Forbes, & #21 in the Deloitte Technology Fast 500 List. Learn more at Braze.com.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
The Assistant Controller will lead & manage all aspects of the month-end financial close, including
multiple accounting functions & operational processes, as well as provide strategic support and
analysis. This role will work closely with the Legal, Sales, Financial Planning & Analysis, Revenue
Operations & Professional Service teams. The Assistant Controller will build a high-performing team
through hands-on coaching & development.
- Oversee the General Ledger, Revenue Recognition, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable and
Cash Collection teams
- Lead & mentor a top tier team to support the companys rapid growth & the career
development of team members
- Mange the full cycle general ledger monthly close process & related activities to ensure
accounts are properly reconciled, reported & in accordance with U.S. GAAP
- Manage/coordinate regular closing activities such as journal entries, reconciliations & review
transactions for proper accounting treatment
- Responsible for monthly flux variance analysis & thorough understanding of accounts
- Assist with process improvement & automation across all areas of Finance
- Coordinate & manage the implementation of new accounting guidance as required
- Draft, maintain & promote policies & procedures related to SOX controls, corporate policies
and procedures & related GAAP requirements
- Coordinate audits & the preparing & gathering of required audit information, preparation of
financial statements & footnotes in accordance with GAAP, & preparation of tax accounts
- Assist in managing treasury functions of the company across subsidiariesapproving and
executing payments etc.
- Build & maintain relationships with business leaders. Enhance cross-functional collaboration by
fostering trust, commitment, accountability & results
- Participate in key strategic initiatives & assist with other ad hoc projects
- Interact with C level executives & the Board of Directors regarding financial matters as needed
- 5+ years of relevant work experience driving the corporate accounting policies & processes
- 3+ years leading a team of accounting professionals, with a proven record of mentoring and
developing high performing teams
- SaaS or Software Company revenue recognition experience
- Problem solving & decision-making capacity in a high growth environment
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) is required
- Bachelors degree in Accounting or Finance
- Strong technical accounting background with a thorough knowledge of US GAAP & SOX 404
- Excellent written & oral communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, manages competing priorities, & adhere to tight
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of an organization, from clerical staff to executives, and
manage relationships with external parties
- US public company experience
- IPO Experience
- Experience implementing ASC 606
- Experience with Netsuite, Salesforce & Adaptive Insights
WHAT WE OFFER
Complete tech startup vibe including free daily lunches & snacks, group events & top of the line computer setup! A general feeling throughout the office that what you do matters everyday.
Collaboration! Complete support of your teammates across all departments & a real get it done attitude for our customers.
- Excellent medical insurance & life assurance coverage for you & your dependents
- Matching 401K
- Daily catered lunches, snacks & beverages
- Collaborative, transparent, collegial & fun loving office culture
- Flexible time off policy to balance your work & life in the way that suits you best
In addition, this position is exempt under the provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act.