About Index Exchange: Index is a global advertising marketplace enabling media owners to grow their revenue by helping marketers reach consumers across every screen. Were a proud industry pioneer with nearly 20 years of experience accelerating the evolution of ad technology for the worlds leading experience makers.
Index is an exciting & fast-paced place to work, & our company is built on our values of change, support, learning & teaching, trust, & intention. We pride ourselves on our independence & openness, not only in our technology, but in our teams, too. Our diverse & inclusive culture celebrates how we can leverage our unique differences to help drive Index forward. We have more than 500 Indexers around the globe dedicated to building a safe & transparent marketplace that provides a trusted experience for consumers, & were looking for talented professionals to help take us to the next level.
Are you ready to join the programmatic evolution?
We're looking for a Director of Product to help shape the future of omnichannel monetization & the Prebid open source community. Index was one of the originators of header bidding technology on the web, & as we look towards the future, we want your help bringing a similar disruption to other digital surfaces (including the phone in your pocket & the TV in your living room).
You will work with a cast of highly-talented PMs, who have joined us from companies like Google, Amazon, Microsoft, & eBay, to build product roadmaps that will elevate Index Exchange to its next growth level. If being innovative & nimble sounds fun, & you like the idea of squaring off against the ad tech giants with a more interoperable & transparent approach, then this is the role for you!
What Were Looking For:
- Product Sense: We think of Product as the engine that drives our companys growth. You have solid product intuition. Youve taken multiple great ideas from conception to market launch to bottom-line business impact. Having lived (and learned) through a few failures is good too.
- Collaborative Leadership: Youre a natural leader who can rally people across Engineering, UX, Marketing, Sales & Services into a high-functioning delivery team. You are well-organized & delivery-oriented. You can work with Project Management to herd cats & guide an Agile team through delivery against a stack ranked set of priorities.
- Technical Curiosity: You thrive on figuring out complex systems & marketplaces, identifying opportunities to simplify & improve them, & working with Engineering to make it a reality. You love working at Internet scale, & you understand how even small adjustments can have a massive impact when applied across billions of users & transactions.
- Data-centric Mindset: You make significant decisions based on real data, & you use it to convince others that youre right, because how else would you do it? Youre great at analysis & visualization, & you not only pronounce SQL the right way but you know how to use it
- Customer Focused Mindset: You love speaking with customers: from world-leading publishers to advertisers & agencies, youre excited to help them grow their revenue & build a thriving digital ads marketplace.
What Youll be Doing:
- Creating product roadmaps to set both internal & external expectations about the products well bring to market
- Working with commercial teams & customers (publishers, DSPs, agencies) to understand their needs, & decide which ones we should address
- Using your best judgement to make the right decisions, even when the data is imperfect; this includes saying NO to good ideas that simply wont win, because theyre not great ideas
- Maintaining a prioritized set of products, features, & bugs in support of a thriving marketplace for digital advertising
- Collaborating with Design, Engineering & Project Management to deliver high-quality products & features on time
- Coordinating across numerous commercial & go-to-market stakeholders to ensure that products are launched correctly, that they can be measured appropriately, that they can be serviced, & that they meet the business objectives they were designed to achieve
- Partnering with customer service teams & early adopters to ensure that whatever we build is usable by our clients
What You Need:
- A Bachelors Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Math, or Physics
- A track record of successful launches & landings (goal attainment)
- Experience in product management as well as familiarity with building & shipping within the Agile framework
- Experience with programmatic ad tech platforms, & better yet experience with the Prebid product suite
- Experience in streaming video & mobile in-app advertising would also be a huge asset
- Strong technical, communication, & analytical skills
- Flexibility for some occasional travel (when/where its safe to do so)
Why Youll Love Working Here:
- Comprehensive health, dental, & vision plans at no cost to you
- Time off & flexible work schedules
- Retirement plan with a 5% company match
- Stock options & equity packages
- Generous parental leave
- Monthly wellness stipend plus fitness discounts & quarterly wellness group activities
- Home office stipend
- Community engagement opportunities & donation-matching program
- Annual virtual company retreats & regular community-led team events
Equal Employment Opportunity
At Index Exchange, we believe that successful products are built by teams just as diverse as the audience who uses them. As such, we are committed to equal employment opportunities. We celebrate diversity of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. Additionally, we realize that diversity is deeper than any status or classificationdiversity is the human experience. For those who show grit, passion, & humilityIndex will welcome you.
Accessibility for Applicants with Disabilities
Index Exchange is committed to working with & providing access & reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. Please let us know if youd like to request a reasonable accommodation.
*COVID-19 guidance: We have re-opened offices in various cities following local guidelines, but are continuing to maintain a flexible work environment.