Generation Bio is a biotechnology company leading a new generation of gene therapy. With our proprietary re-dosable ceDNA technology, we are expanding the reach of gene therapy At Generation Bio, our goal is to bring the life-saving benefits of gene therapy to more people, living with a broader range of diseases, in more places around the world. Our vision is to make the ravages of genetic disease as imaginary to the next generation as polio feels to children today.
We are a thriving, collaborative, creative community of diverse talents, beliefs, & experiences relentlessly dedicated to our mission. Founded & launched by Atlas Venture. Headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts. Committed to a future where more people can live full lives.
Delve further. Please visit www.generationbio.com or follow @generationbio.
Generation Bio is seeking an energetic & highly motivated bioinformatician to join our team to build our bioinformatics capabilities & infrastructure. The individual hired will be responsible for enabling & implementing bioinformatics tools & systems to support development of our ceDNA gene therapy platform. Areas of anticipated contribution include, discovery of novel platform components, enabling new strategies for construct design, development of computational & statistical approaches for evaluating construct performance. This role is very cross-functional with key interactions across platform biology & clinical/ pre-clinical pharmacology with an opportunity to impact multiple novel research programs.
- Lead the expansion of Bioinformatics capabilities & infrastructure at Generation Bio using internal & external resources
- Develop computational & statistical frameworks for data mining, processing & analysis to support vector optimization activities
- Develop and/or implement software tools to support key workflows (e.g. codon optimization & High-dimensional construct screening)
- Develop & implement strategies for data visualizations to support project-level decision making
- Work with IT to establish/enhance infrastructure to support data collection, storage, & analysis for bioinformatics efforts
- Work closely with crossfunctional teams including pharmacology, molecular biology & cell biology to develop strategies for experimental design & analysis
- PhD in Bioinformatics, Computational Biology or related discipline
- 3-4 years of industry experience preferred
- Established ability & interest in understanding biological systems & molecular mechanisms
- DNA/RNA NGS data processing & analysis, single cell analysis a plus
- Accessing, processing, & analysis of public biological databases (e.g. transfac, Ensembl)
- Strong statistical background (classical & Bayesian techniques)
- Experience setting up infrastructure & building tools to enable bioinformatics analysis
- Proficiency with a number of programming languages for statistical computing. Familiarity with R programming & Bioconductor suite would be a plus
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills & ability to effectively collaborate with other teams
- Experience working in an entrepreneurial environment preferred
- Experience with AWS preferred
POSITION: Full-Time, Exempt
EEOC Statement: Generation Bio believes in a diverse environment & is committed to equal employment opportunity for all its employees & qualified applicants. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Generation Bio will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.