Location: Hybrid / Remote
WHO ARE WE?
The Accounting team is made up of smart, driven, dog-loving individuals who handle the core accounting responsibilities at BARK. These include ensuring that our accounts are closed timely & that our general ledger is reconciled monthly in order to provide our internal partners accurate information to make business decisions; & to produce GAAP Financials that our shareholders & the investing community can rely on through our SEC filings. As a member of the accounting team, you'll take ownership & become an expert in your accounting area, understanding the process end to end. You'll help us to implement the next generation of enhancements to the companys accounting applications & processes. We are a very collaborative team, working cross-functionally across BARK. What we take seriously: having fun, working hard, & playing with dogs (obviously).
WHO WERE LOOKING FOR
This director will provide financial leadership by owning BARKs revenue recording & reporting activities to ensure timely & accurate reporting & analytics, for both internal & external audiences.
This position will lead a team & be a key decision maker within the organization as it relates to organizational processes such as invoicing & system integrations. This role will require a visionary leader who shows a passion for building as well as fostering collaboration, learning, & growth.
- Oversee revenue monthly close procedures to ensure timely & accurate. closing of the books for internal & external reporting in accordance with U.S. GAAP & SOX requirements.
- Lead order to cash process improvements to streamline & scale our existing financial systems & operations to support the next phase of company growth.
- Liaise with our external auditors for the quarterly reviews & year-end audits, including discussing technical revenue accounting issues & internal control findings.
- Analyze & synthesize trends in data & information.
- Maintain great relationships with internal business partners & accounting teams to address accounting & operational needs.
- Instill/support a culture of high-quality work, team collaboration & continuous improvement, including providing mentorship & coaching.
- Drive ongoing support of revenue recognition financial systems.
- Revenue recognition experience in a direct to consumer or retail company
- Experience building new capabilities & process optimization
- Demonstrated ability to make recommendations & influence outcomes
- Excellent team building & leadership skills with a focus on continual development, performance, accountability & self-motivation
- Demonstrated proficiency in US GAAP & SEC accounting requirements
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS (always in BARK blue)
- 5+ years of related experience, including experience in either revenue recognition, revenue operations, or finance operations
- 2+ years of experience leading & managing teams
- Experience with customer contracts & invoicing with multiple performance obligations
- Knowledge of NetSuite & revenue recognition software applications
- Experience in implementing revenue recognition processes & technology
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Understanding of how IT systems & workflows are designed
This position is a full-time, salaried position, open to remote candidates. We offer health insurance for both you & your pup, 401k, wonderful team lunches, cold brew on tap, & a dog to pet anytime you wish.
Here at BARK, we love dogs & their people. Were looking to make all dogs happy throughout the entire world (were not kidding). Think Disney for dogs -- we make magic for dogs & their people through our products, events, & experiences.
Our ambition level is high, the opportunity is huge, & our love for dogs is through the roof! We launched in 2011 with BarkBox, a monthly-themed subscription of all-natural treats & clever toys. Since then, we've shipped more than 70 million toys & treats to the dogs across the world & use all of that direct customer feedback to inform new initiatives & ways to make magic between dogs & their people. Weve since expanded into other offerings as well, as we aim to become THE Dog Company for every family with a four-legged, belly-scratch-loving, interspecies family member.
Please Note: BARK requires all employees or guests entering our space to provide proof of up to date covid-19 vaccinations. Exemption and/or accommodation requests will be reviewed on a case by case basis.
FOR CO/NJ/NY BASED APPLICANTS:
- The base salary range for this position is $141,600 - $190,000
- This position is eligible for equity
**This compensation range is based on BARKs good faith estimate as of the date of this posting & may be modified in the future. Actual pay for this position will depend on a variety of variables including location, travel, internal equity, experience, education, skills & expertise