Guardant Health is a leading precision oncology company focused on helping conquer cancer globally through use of its proprietary blood tests, vast data sets & advanced analytics. Its Guardant Health Oncology Platform is designed to leverage its capabilities in technology, clinical development, regulatory & reimbursement to drive commercial adoption, improve patient clinical outcomes & lower healthcare costs. In pursuit of its goal to manage cancer across all stages of the disease, Guardant Health has launched multiple liquid biopsy-based tests, Guardant360 & GuardantOMNI, for advanced stage cancer patients, which fuel its LUNAR development programs for recurrence & early detection. Since its launch in 2014, Guardant360 has been used by more than 6,000 oncologists, over 50 biopharmaceutical companies & all 27 of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network centers.
You will be part of the bioinformatics team working on & with the software that is used in the clinical laboratory to process patient samples & analyze their genomic profiles, helping to find the right treatment options for cancer patients based on a simple blood draw. Your role will be to work with Bioinformatics SQA engineers & members of the bioinformatics group to ensure the quality of bioinformatics software used in CLIA, CAP, NYDOH, & FDA regulated environments & the correct installation on production systems.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work with bioinformatics SQA engineers & members of the bioinformatics group to develop test cases that ensure the quality of bioinformatics software used in CLIA, CAP, NYDOH, & FDA regulated environments.
- Participate in requirements & design review meetings to create comprehensive, automated test strategies/plans for bioinformatics software leading to successful implementation & timely project completion.
- Work with the algorithm development team to understand functional specifications, identify & design test cases for sequence analysis software including alignment, variant calling, & annotation software.
- Work with cross-functional teams, & support integration & regression testing of Bioinformatics software.
- Execute complex testing, perform in-depth statistical analysis, & interpret results independently.
- Design, create, enhance, & maintain bioinformatics data simulators & automated testing framework to ensure excellent testing coverage.
- Provide written documentation & specifications of software products & services.
- Provide coaching to other team members for designing test strategies & test cases with strong knowledge of molecular biology, oncology & bioinformatics.
- Report, track, & escalate anomalies discovered during testing (All testing phases) & ensure closure on issues.
- Strong understanding of sequencing data, annotations, & standard bioinformatics tools e.g. samtools, picard, snpEff.
- 4+ years of hands on experience with programming & scripting languages such as Python, C++, R, Matlab, shell & RDBMS (SQL or Oracle) & software dev/QA in Linux environment.
- 4+ years of experience in verifying algorithms, workflow or data analysis software.
- 4+ years of hands on experience in scripting, running, analyzing, & refining automation frameworks for comprehensive & full application testing, including API testing.
- Hands-on experience with Robot Framework & CI tools like Jenkins or CircleCI or similar automation & test case management tools & best practices for scalability & maintainability.
- Excellent organizational & people skills with the ability to work across functions to ensure successful integration testing.
- Knowledge of molecular biology, genetics, & genomics
- Experience working in a regulated environment (CLIA, CAP, NYDOH, & FDA).
- Strong Understating of NGS error modalities
- Bachelor's, Master's or PhD in Bioinformatics/ CS or equivalent with relevant work experience.
Employee may be required to lift routine office supplies & use office equipment. Majority of the work is performed in a desk/office environment. Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
Guardant Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status & will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Please visit our career page at:http://www.guardanthealth.com/jobs/
To learn more about the information collected when you apply for a position at Guardant Health & how it is used, please review ourPrivacy Notice for Job Applicants.