Car shopping is complicated. At CarGurus, we use data & technology to make it simple, giving people the tools they need to confidently find, buy, finance, or sell a car. The best part? Our work makes a real impact. Were the most-visited car-shopping site in the US & we are growing fast in our international markets. Ready to come along for the ride?
The Account Executive, Canada will focus on growing CarGurus' existing customer base in the Canada market by building strong relationships within a book of dealer clients. It will be your responsibility to work with Business Development, Product Specialists, & Account Managers to ensure high levels of product & customer retention. Within this role, you will:
What You'll Do:
- Create, preserve, & grow relationships within a designated book of business through prospecting, sales calls, & rapport-building
- Identify & close cross-sell/up-sell opportunities using the CarGurus suite of products
- Grow your book of business through new acquisition opportunities in partnership with Business Development
- Increase revenue per client by re-negotiating subscription rates
- Work with an Account Manager to ensure high customer retention within your book of business
- Work with a Product Specialist to introduce your book of business to & sell CarGurus' newest product offerings
- Accurately forecast monthly sales & retention achievement to management
- Contribute feedback to the larger CarGurus organization by utilizing strong analytical thinking, presentation, & problem-solving skills
Who You Are:
- 1-2 years of proven inside sales experience & closing ability
- Strong account management skills
- Good organizational skills
- Strong internal motivation
- Bachelor's degree in Business or Sales is desired but not required
- Sandler Sales Training is a plus
- SaaS or Auto Industry Experience is a Plus
- Travel is recommended by not necessary or required
- The role requires higher levels of collaboration with multiple teams, mostly with the field team
Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women & other marginalized folks tend to only apply when they check every box. So if you think you have what it takes, but don't necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. We'd love to have a chat & see if you could be a great fit.
At CarGurus, we invest in our peoples professional growth with everything from learning & development programs to tuition reimbursement. Want to work on projects that expand your skill set without sacrificing your work/life balance? You got it. We also strive to provide perks & benefits that employees actually care about like free lunch, commuter subsidies, & more. That includes equity in the companyour way of showing that we want you here for the long haul.
We work hard every day to build the worlds most trusted & transparent automotive marketplace, but trust & transparency dont just apply to our consumers. They extend to our talent, too. We aim to create a workplace where everyone feels they can bring the ultimate expression of themselves & their potentialwhere you dont just fit, you thrive. We dont discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
We recognize that flexibility plays a critical role in enabling our people to thrive in both their personal & professional lives. We currently welcome Gurus into our Cambridge, MA office on a voluntary basis but do not require employees to physically be in the office. We will adopt a hybrid working model when health experts & government officials in our local communities deem it safe to do so. Specific arrangements within this model will be up to team leaders discretion; we encourage you to discuss your questions & needs during the interview process.
All US CarGurus employees are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19, unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation. This helps us to safeguard the health of our employees & their families, our customers & visitors, & the community at large.