Who We Are
The Farmers Dog was created to radically improve the $90 billion global pet food industry starting with a subscription service that sends freshly-made food directly to customers doors. Long term, our aim is to simplify every part of pet care, bettering the lives of the animals who make our lives better. Backed by the early investors of Warby Parker, Dollar Shave Club, & Sweetgreen, we've raised over $100M in funding & seek to build a company as healthy as the dogs we feed.
Join The Farmers Dog team as we continue to figure out ways of bringing peace of mind to customers, health to their companions, & much-needed change to the way people feed & care for their pets.
Where You'll Come In
The Farmers Dog is looking for a customer focused & strategic Retention Product Manager that can synthesize a wide variety of data sources to build seamless cross-platform experiences that cultivate emotional loyalty & certainty. Youll distill these insights into a measurable product roadmap & work with our Engineering team to scope, build, & ship high-impact features that significantly enhance retention by improving the lives of our customers (and their four-legged companions!).
Youll be joining the Growth Team, responsible for the holistic customer experience across acquisition, conversion, retention, & new initiatives; this is a highly cross-functional role in which youll be collaborating daily with engineering, product design, CX, data, etc. As such, your projects will be diverse & across all stages of the development lifecycle youll have the opportunity to think big in blue sky brainstorming sessions as well as go deep with more tactical implementation. If you consider yourself a detailed, conscientious, & data-driven problem-solver then this is the perfect role for you!
How You'll Make An Impact
- Lead the conceptualization, testing, development, & launch of innovative features & products that improve customers subscription experience, address & alleviate pain points, & drive lifetime value.
- Identify big ideas that move the needle on active users, certainty, & satisfaction. Prioritize these efforts to craft iterative roadmaps & clearly communicate objectives to key stakeholders.
- Use quantitative & qualitative data to deeply understand our customers lifecycles across all post-purchase stages & approaches; use findings to resolve opportunities to improve, & deploy strategies that build lifelong retention.
- Build & lead a strategic retention product roadmap.
- Develop & implement an experimentation roadmap that maximizes findings while minimizing risk.
- Run user research studies in collaboration with Data Strategy & Insights that ensure we implement products that improve customer satisfaction & retention.
- Collaborate with cross-functional partners across CX, Engineering, Brand, Data Strategy & Insights, Operations, R&D & Product Design & actively work to empower our partners to be more effective, in order to accomplish these objectives.
We're Excited About You Because
- You have a proven record of shipping high-impact experiences for a direct-to-consumer or subscription business.
- You have 5+ years of product management experience, ideally at an ecommerce company. Bonus points for any experience with physical x digital product integrations!
- You have a customer-centric mentality & experience collaborating with CX, design, & brand.
- You love to be challenged by your work & are excited to tackle sophisticated, tricky problems without any standard off-the-shelf solutions
- You are highly analytical & hands-on with customer data - focused on uncovering measurable insights & deeply familiar with tools to support conversion, personalization, & digital product efforts.
- You are very comfortable with retention analytics & customer segmentation - you feel confident you could identify key customer segments & build features to improve their experience.
- You have a proven track record of building an experimentation roadmap & function, including multivariate & longitudinal tests.
A Few of Our Best Benefits
- Brand new dog-friendly office in Greenwich Village (upon a safe return-to-office!)
- Market-competitive compensation & equity packages
- Comprehensive Healthcare, Dental, & Vision
- 12 week paid parental leave
- Flexible PTO & (when in office) WFH policy
- Discounted fresh food for your pup
- Your pet interrupting video calls (and in person-meetings) is now a feature, not a bug