BuzzFeed (Ticker: BZFD) is home to the best of the internet. Across food, news, pop culture & commerce, our brands drive conversation & inspire what audiences watch, read, buy, & obsess over next. Born on the internet in 2006, BuzzFeed is committed to making it better: providing trusted, quality, brand-safe news & entertainment to hundreds of millions of people; making content on the internet more inclusive, empathetic, & creative; & inspiring our audience to live better lives. We'll continue to recruit the best founders & creators to join us in this mission, with more additions like Complex Networks & HuffPost to come.
BuzzFeed Media Enterprises is looking for a dynamic & good-humored human to join the Recruiting team as a coordinator. You'll touch on multiple aspects of the recruiting experience from candidate scheduling & coordination, new hire orientation to employment branding, & more. We're looking for someone to hold it down during the busiest of times with a smile & to share great ideas.
This is a full-time staff remote position that will report to our Head of Talent Acquisition.
The Recruiting Team is a busy group supporting an average of 100+ roles at any given time. We're split between NYC & LA & support hiring across all areas of the business, including our international locations. And as part of the broader People Team at BuzzFeed, we work with some of the best human resources professionals in the business.
- Handle & prioritize a range of advanced administrative duties with wide latitude for independent judgment & initiative.
- Schedule a high volume of phone screens, video interviews, & interview debriefs
- Prepare hiring paperwork; support offer letter & new hire paperwork creation & organization.
- Provide support coordination of recruitment projects & related services to supervisors, hiring managers, recruitment team members, & others.
- Post & manage requisitions in our ATS; Greenhouse
- Coordinate candidate travel & manage reimbursement programs as needed
- Assists with identifying issues affecting recruitment & implementing recruitment activities to continuously improve process.
- Represent & promote organization to potential applicants by providing information, responding to questions, & collecting applicant data.
- Posting job openings on media & social media outlets
- 1+ years experience working in a recruiting coordinator role
- Excellent communications skills; written & verbal
- Abiitly to multitask, prioritize & complete projects within tight deadlines
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work independently & with a team; team player
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Proficiency with Google Apps, especially Calendar & Drive;
- Understanding & experience with HR Tools such as ATS & HRIS
- Previous experience with an applicant tracking system (we use Greenhouse);
- A steadiness that helps you manage changing priorities
Life at BuzzFeed
We celebrate inclusion & are committed to equal opportunity employment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, & will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.
You can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal & professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, & more
- An attractive & equitable compensation package, including salary & stock options.
- A generous benefits program featuring paid time off, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym & wellness discounts, & much more.
We want all employees to feel safe & comfortable when they engage in any in-person meetings, when visiting the office, or when working from an offsite production or meeting location. As part of this commitment to health & safety, BuzzFeed requires COVID-19 vaccines for current U.S. employees, including all newly hired employees. Requests for accommodation per applicable law for health and/or religious reasons will be considered. Union employees are subject to what is outlined in their applicable collective bargaining agreement.
Note: BuzzFeed offers remote/flexible work (unless specified to be required to be in-person) & open to hiring remote candidates who are residents in the following states: CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, GA, HI, IL, IN, KY, MA, MD, MI, MS, MT, NC, NH, NJ, NM, NY, OH, OR, PA, TX, VA, WA, & WV. For non sales roles, we can also hire in AK, AR, AZ, ID, KS, MO, ND, SC, & VT.