Do you ever wonder what happens inside the cloud?
Headquartered in New York but based around the world, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust & passionate community of developers around the world. Our mission is to simplify cloud computing for every developer. We are working on solving some of the most challenging & interesting technology projects around, on a scale unmatched by most.
We want someone who is a passionate skilled copywriter & editor with a creative mindset & strong attention to detail who will shape & enforce DigitalOceans brand voice across multiple content types.
Reporting to the Director of Content Marketing & working with contributors from across the company, the Copywriter will be responsible for writing creative copy for web pages, ads, emails, & blogs, & will serve as the editor on a range of content. As part of a small but growing content marketing team, the Copywriter will play a key role in developing compelling & high-visibility copy & defining DigitalOceans voice & style guidelines.
What youll be doing:
- Write compelling copy for ads, landing pages, web pages, emails, & other content formats
- Copyedit a variety of content, from blog posts & ebooks to landing page & email copy
- Develop messaging that appeals to DigitalOceans technical audiences of developers & small businesses
- Shape & enforce DigitalOceans voice & style guidelines through thoughtful editing, ensuring consistent & high quality copy across mediums & contributors
- Work with teams including Demand Generation & Growth Marketing to create & test high-converting copy
- Ensure technical content is clear, concise, & readable by a variety of audiences
- Report on the success of copy tests, identifying top performing options & testing new messaging regularly
What we'll expect from you:
- 2-5 years in a copywriting role, preferably in a B2B context
- Extremely strong writing skills, with the ability to quickly produce multiple copy options for a variety of audiences
- A strong attention to detail & experience editing a range of content types (landing pages, emails, blogs, etc) from multiple contributors with different writing styles
- Familiarity with developing & enforcing voice & style guidelines
- Strong project management skills, with the ability to juggle multiple projects at once
- The ability to translate complex, technical concepts into clear & compelling copy
- Experience writing for B2B audiences; Experience writing for a developer audience is a plus
Why Youll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We value development. You will work with some of the smartest & most interesting people in the industry. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. We maintain a growth mindset in everything we do & invest deeply in employee development through formalized mentorship, LinkedIn Learning tracks, & other internal programs. We also provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, & education.
- We care about your physical, financial & mental well-being. We offer competitive health, dental, & vision benefits for employees & their dependents, a monthly gym stipend to support your physical health, & a commute or internet allowance to make your trips to your office or your desk easier. We offer generous parental leave with transition time built-in upon return to work. We offer competitive compensation & a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match.
- We support our remote employee experience. While we have great office spaces in NYC & Cambridge, were very distributedwe use a number of communication tools to connect across the companyand all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices & meet their teams face-to-face at team offsites. We also have an annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the entire company at least once a year. We also allow employees to outfit their workstations to meet their needswhether remote or in office.
- We value diversity & inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer & we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For all CO residents, please click here
Department: Marketing #LI-Remote
Want to learn more about our Marketing team? Click here!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Click here to hear from our employees!