What is BlockFi?
BlockFis mission is to provide liquidity, transparency & efficiency to digital financial markets by creating products that meet the needs of consumers & corporations across the globe. We build bridges between traditional finance & digital markets that enable growth for all.
About the Team & Role
The Finance team works cross-functionally to support BlockFis growth by providing a clear picture of historical & projected financials, & by making data-driven recommendations to leadership. We are seeking a strategic thinker with financial modeling experience to join our team.
- Develop a deep understanding of key performance drivers to inform strategic & financial decisions (e.g., evaluation of key business initiatives including new products or features, interest rates, promotional campaigns, & expansion into new markets)
- Work cross-functionally with our Product teams (e.g., Interest Account, Trading, Credit Card, Crypto-Backed Loans, etc.) to develop data-driven recommendations for growth opportunities as well as optimizations to our current business
- Support fundraising efforts & business development activities such as partnerships, strategic investments, and/or acquisitions
- Update the company financial model & assist in optimizing resource allocations based on business needs & financial results
- Support the quarterly & annual planning processes & spread accountability throughout the organization
- 2+ years experience in investment banking, private equity, or venture capital
- Experience with financial modeling & other types of ad-hoc analysis (e.g., opportunity sizing, ROI, sensitivity analyses)
- Ability to communicate complex topics & recommendations in clear & concise reports, charts, & slides
- Ability to go beyond the data & understand the so what, to translate findings into key insights & actionable recommendations
- Ability to independently manage work from end to end without significant support
- Strong teammate that works well with various functions across the organization
- Intellectual curiosity, & desire for personal & professional improvement
- Passion & knowledge of fintech and/or crypto is a plus
BlockFi has experienced incredible growth since our launch in August 2017. From raising over $100MM in debt & equity capital to helping thousands of clients (and growing!) do more with their crypto assets, we have established a dominant position as the debt & credit crypto market leader in the U.S. As we expand our product suite & geographic footprint, our addressable market will grow exponentially.
BlockFi's leadership team has decades of experience in the traditional financial services & banking world, & we take a conservative approach to regulation that will position us well for sustainable long-term growth & expansion.
Our team is comprised of highly motivated professionals from diverse backgrounds. We are aiming to become the leading lender in crypto & are poised to redefine the global financial ecosystem for the better. In addition:
- BlockFi is one of the first companies to ever offer crypto-backed loans & the only company whose founding team has an institutional understanding of the debt capital markets & regulatory landscape in the U.S.
- $4.3MM of seed funding & $50MM in capital for funding loans
- $100 MM of Series A, B, & C funding led by Valar Ventures with participation from Susquehanna, Winklevoss Capital, Fidelity, Galaxy Digital, Akuna Capital, & Morgan Creek
- We are moving quickly & have already deployed substantial capital into the space, proving our ability to execute & capture customer demand
- Competitive salary
- Unlimited vacation / sick days
- Employer paid health coverage (vision, dental, 401K)
- Weekly lunch stipend
- Work alongside an enthusiastic, collegial, & driven team in a highly meritocratic environment
To read more about our mission & values, check out our company website.
Above all, you should enjoy the journey. We, at BlockFi, genuinely like each other & enjoy the work we do - so should you!