Our goal is to make healthcare simple, transparent, & human. In Engineering, we do that by building reliable & maintainable applications, infrastructure, & interfaces that make interacting with the health care system easier for everyone -- members, providers, & (yes!) ourselves.
As an Oscar Engineer, youll be joining a tight knit, passionate team. We take pride in our ability to move quickly (deploys > 100/day), our small teams (engineers <= 5), & our willingness to tackle big problems (frequency === everyday).
- Application Performance Monitoring: Track performance metrics across all our applications & alert owners on errors & SLO violations & let them follow traces between applications in our microservice environment.
- Build, CI, & CD: Solving the problem of efficiently testing changes to our monorepo & deploying interdependent services to our cluster.
- Developer Experience: Provide the command line tools to use the above systems
What were doing:
The following is a list of projects our teams are currently working on:
- Developing a robust continuous deployment solution that lets engineers deploy confidently without missing dependencies
- Adopt & integrate better tooling, such as OpenTelemetry, & to provide cutting edge observability to our microservices
- Reimagine how engineers work with Oscar code with a new developer environment & build & test tools
You at Oscar:
You should be excited about writing software that is primarily consumed by other software engineers. Youre probably a good fit if you:
- have 2+ years of software engineering experience
- feel comfortable reading the source when you encounter issues in someone elses code
- take the time to either figure out the right ways to use the tool or dive in & fix it yourself if there is a bug
- have opinions on best practices & coworkers look to you help define them in your organization
- enjoy mentoring & sharing knowledge
- have built something from scratch. Even if it didnt gain traction, you know how to build software starting with a blank text editor.
Anything else is a bonus. We believe diversity is a key ingredient in building something great. All backgrounds & levels of experience welcome.
Life at Oscar:
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds & perspectives.
We encourage our members to care for their whole selves, & we encourage our employees to do the same with comprehensive medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, & volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicants disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (email@example.com) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy:
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.