We are looking for a technical contributor joining the CLEAR Plus Lanes team to build applications that are used by millions of travelers. It is one of the most critical & visible products at CLEAR. Our teams goal is to deliver a faster, safer, & more frictionless travel experience using biometrics to our users. Every time a user checks in, we match their irises or face to an encrypted code based on their own unique biometrics.
What You Will Do:
- Design & build consumer facing Android applications to leverage CLEARs platform & capabilities
- Use best practices to deliver high quality code; Unit-test code for robustness including edge cases, usability, & general reliability
- Implement new features & optimize existing ones from draft to implementation
- Continuously discover, evaluate, & implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency
Who You Are:
- 3+ years experience developing native Android applications in Kotlin
- Have contributed to at least one app published in the Google Play Store
- Knowledge of the Android SDK performance tools & optimization techniques
- Experience working as part of an agile software development team
- Strong organizational skills, the ability to prioritize tasks & keep projects on schedule
- Collaborate effectively with teams & can discuss topics with technical & non-technical audiences
- Have BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field
- Software development experience in one or more general-purpose programming languages; Java, Python, Go, Rust, C++
- Experience with backend development technologies for building RESTful APIs
How You'll be Rewarded:
At CLEAR we help YOU move forward - because when youre at your best, were at our best. Youll work with talented team members who are motivated by our mission of making experiences safer & easier. Our hybrid work environment provides flexibility. In our offices, youll enjoy benefits like meals & snacks. We invest in your well-being & learning & development with our stipend & reimbursement programs.
The base salary range for this role is $155,000-$182,500, depending on levels of skills & experience.
The base salary range represents the low & high end of CLEARs salary range for this position. Salaries will vary depending on various factors which include, but are not limited to location, education, skills, experience & performance. The range listed is just one component of CLEARs total compensation package for employees & other rewards may include annual bonuses, commission, Restricted Stock Units
We offer holistic total rewards, including comprehensive healthcare plans, family building benefits (fertility & adoption/surrogacy support), flexible time off, free OneMedical memberships for you & your dependents, & a 401(k) retirement plan with employer match.
Have you ever had that green-light feeling? When you hit every green light & the day just feels like magic. CLEAR's mission is to create frictionless experiences where every day has that feeling. With more than 13+ million passionate members & hundreds of partners around the world, CLEARs identity platform is transforming the way people live, work, & travel. Whether its at the airport, stadium, or right on your phone, CLEAR connects you to the things that make you, you - unlocking easier, more secure, & more seamless experiences - making them all feel like magic.