Read something interesting online today? There's a good chance it reached you because of our technology.
Taboola is the world's leading content discovery platform, serving 360B recommendations to over 1B unique visitors each month on the web's most innovative publisher sites, including NBC, USA Today, The Weather Channel, Tribune & Fox Sports.
Taboola, the worlds largest content recommendation platform, is hiring an experienced Java / Grails Developer who enjoys using technology to solve real business challenges. Join a small, nimble, quick-response team - the Internal Applications group -- building the tools used by Taboola's own employees every day. This is a great opportunity for someone who wants a diverse technical experience & also embraces the human factor side of making tools that people depend on every day.
- Work directly with internal customers to create high-value tools
- Function as your own product manager, engineer, & customer whisperer -- defining the breadth & scope of the features you deliver
- Be able to iterate solutions as the needs of the enterprise change & grow over time
- Produce clean, performant & maintainable code
- Able to work independently & be comfortable executing projects from concept & project plan through testing & delivery.
- Able to collaborate with team members on solving complex issues
Skills & Qualifications
- 3-5 years experience working in Java / Groovy
- Experience with one or more MVC frameworks, particularly Grails or Spring Boot
- Experience with build & deployment tools (Jenkins, Gradle)
- Experience writing tests (especially with Spock & Geb)
- SQL skills including case logic, aggregate functions, & maximizing query performance
- Ability to manage one's own deliverables & timelines
- Experienced in coding best practices & patterns
- Experienced working with external APIs
- Willing & able to participate in code reviews with team members, comfortable accepting constructive criticism as well as offering it
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with light structure
Bonus points for:
- Ruby knowledge
- DevOps experience (Docker, deployment, server mgmt)
- Practical experience with responsive/mobile design, JS, Jquery, React, CSS
Taboola offers full medical & dental benefits, 401K with matching, & loads of other cool benefits like catered Friday lunches, a fully-stocked kitchen, cold brew & kombucha on tap, & a game room to relax or play!
Taboola is an equal opportunity employer & we value diversity in all forms. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees & believe such an environment is critical for success. Employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, & business need.