Company Description|Job Description
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You'rean Individual.We'rethe team for you.Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
This role is responsible for contributing to the overall integrity & availability of the Debit Processing Switch & Prepaid & associated applications.
This is an individual contributor role responsible for solving problems that have a medium to large impact on the business.
- Maintenance & support of Open systems applications for Debit/Prepaid services
- Perform 2nd & 3rd level Incident management for the production and/or certification environments through a 24x7 rotating support model.
- Research & implement bug fix programming changes & utilize development SME's as appropriate.
- Implement various levels of One-Off & BAU requests.
- Work with 1st & 2nd level support teams to identify & implement application fixes & enhancements to increase efficiency & ease of use.
- Work with application software development on the implementation & support of software maintenance releases.
- Creating/updating documentation on vital install procedures or research techniques
- Support client implementation projects as needed.
- Provide technical assistance to Client Services, Network Operations, Coverage & Implementations.
- Assist in the testing & certification of new 3rd Party software, as needed.
- Serve as a trusted resource for the applications to various departments throughout the organization.
- Serve as support representative for cross organizational initiatives.
- Cultivate, support & promote an organizational culture that provides for high performance, high morale, integrity & teamwork.
- Work cross organizationally to ensure problems are solved promptly & effectively.
- 2 years of work experience with a Bachelor's Degree or an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD, or PhD)
- 3 or more years of work experience or more than 2 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD).
- 1-2 years of SQL Server, stored procedures, database design required.
- Ability to work in RESTful & SOAP web services & JSON is required
- Strong UNIX/Linux background required
- Experience with developing applications using Eclipse or IntelliJ is a plus
- Experience in Supporting/implementing web based applications is a plus
- 1-2 years of experience using Team Foundation Server (TFS), Git, Maven preferred.
- Experience with Payment and/or Credit Card processing is considered a plus
- Collaborative, team oriented style
- Displays leadership & mentoring skills
- Ability to work independently exhibiting strong multitasking & time management skills
- Good analytical & problem-solving skills
- Good communication (oral & written) skills including the ability to translate technical issues/concepts into ways for non-technical staff to understand.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines & applicable local law.
- Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours.
- This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 5% of the time.
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit & stand at a desk, communicate in person & by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones & computers, reach with hands & arms, & bend or lift up to 25 pounds.