Tanium is looking for a detail-oriented strategic thinker to drive quality assurance for reporting, business insights, & data management for the Sales Strategy team as a Quality Assurance Analyst. This is a high impact role supporting our accelerating growth, & the right candidate must have the ability to work closely with business analysts & engineers to design & implement automated & manual processes that ensure analytics products are highly reliable, accurate, & timely.
This person must be a highly quality-driven, efficient, process designer with a passion for building trustworthy data & analytics. She/he will be responsible for ensuring the quality of delivery of business data to the organization through documentation, change control, development & tracking of quality metrics, & creation & management of automated & manual quality checks. The ideal candidate will have broad experience with reporting tools & be obsessively detail oriented with a record of owning high quality data & analytics in a rapidly-changing environment.
- Join a high-performing, geographically dispersed team to enable critical insight & operational excellence across regional sales organizations
- Own accuracy, availability, & timeliness of data & reporting packages with a focus on continual improvement
- Build quality metrics & tracking dashboards to communicate quality performance of data & reporting objects
- Partner with analysts & engineers to design change control & lifecycle management processes, tollgates, & tools & own their implementation, maintenance & compliance
- Establish & enforce reporting standards (e.g., naming conventions, usability best practices, etc.)
- Audit data & reporting for accuracy & completeness
- Audit workflows for efficiency & reliability
- Maintain up-to-date documentation libraries for key systems, metrics, & reporting packages
- Evaluate impacts of workflow changes
- Bachelors Degree in an analytical field (e.g. Business Management, Economics, Finance, Mathematics, or Statistics) or equivalent professional experience
- 2+ years of experience in analytics, process design, or quality assurance
- Advanced proficiency with Excel
- Experience with PowerBI, SQL, and/or Python & eagerness to continue developing these skill
- Strong data management, reporting, & communication skills
- Experience with Salesforce, Netsuite, Snowflake, GitHub, and/or data warehousing is a plus
- Authorized to work in the United States
- Demonstrates initiative & motivation
- Excellent oral & written communication skills
- Team player
- Person of high ethics & integrity
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Analytical abilities: ability to analyze problem situations in depth; ability to show a probing mind.
- Number facility: the individual must be able to perform basic mathematical calculations at a minimum.
- Precision to detail: it is necessary that the individual be precise, detail-oriented, & exact.
- Flexibility: the ability to juggle several projects simultaneously, to cope successfully with diversity & complexity, to integrate seemingly unrelated data, & to reduce complex notions into relatively simple terms.
- Written & oral communication skills: ability to write memos, letters, & reports in clear, concise fashion with appropriate vocabulary, grammar, & word usage; ability to communicate effectively with superiors, peers, subordinates, & others on a one-on-one basis, using appropriate vocabulary, grammar, & word usage; includes clarity, organization of thought, & expressiveness are all part of this dimension.
- Physical & Mental Abilities & Demands
- Light work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. If the use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for Sedentary Work & the worker sits most of the time, the job is rated for Light Work.
- Medium work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Balancing: maintain body equilibrium to prevent falling when walking, standing, or crouching on narrow, slippery, or erratically moving surfaces. This factor is important if the amount & kind of balancing exceeds that needed for ordinary locomotion & maintenance of body equilibrium.
- Kneeling: Bending legs at knee to come to a rest on knee or knees.
- Crouching: Bending the body downward & forward by bending leg & spine.
- Reaching: Extending hand(s) & arm(s) in any direction.
- Standing: Particularly for sustained periods of time.
- Walking: Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly for long distances.
- Lifting: Raising objects from a lower to a higher position or moving objects horizontally from position-to-position. This factor is important if it occurs to a considerable degree & requires the substantial use of the upper extremities & back muscles.
- Use of Fingers/Hands: Typing, or otherwise working primarily with fingers rather than with whole hand or arm as in handling.
- Talking: Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word. Those activities in which they must convey detail or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly.
- Hearing: Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, & to make fine discriminations in sound, such as when making fine adjustments on machine parts.
- Repetitive motions: Substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
- Vision: The incumbent is required to distinguish between true colors, perceive depth, & partial field of vision is required at a minimum for the position.
- The worker is subject to inside environmental conditions: Protection from weather conditions but not necessarily from temperature changes.