As the leading independent modern media company, Vox Media ignites conversations & influences culture. Across digital, podcasts, TV, streaming, live events, & print, we tell stories that affect our audience's daily lives & entertain as much as they inform.
Our portfolio features influential & respected editorial properties including Vox, New York Magazine, The Verge, The Cut, Eater, Vulture, The Strategist, Polygon, SB Nation, Intelligencer, Curbed, Grub Street, & Recode. Off-platform, the Vox Media Podcast Network offers one of the largest collections of popular podcasts, & Vox Media Studios produces & distributes the award-winning nonfiction shows. Powered by innovative technology that scales quality, the Chorus publishing platform & Concert advertising marketplace answer the always-changing needs of modern audiences, creators & marketers.
Vox Media has been named one of Fast Companys Most Innovative Companies in Media, an Company of the Year, Digidays Best Company for Parents, & one of the Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign.
Vulture is looking to hire a television-obsessed editor to play a central role in expanding the sites popular recaps operation. Vulture recaps cover everything from prestige drama & high-profile miniseries to reality television & primetime soaps, & require an editor with a similarly expansive knowledge of & affection for the many contours of the TV landscape. Primarily focused on editing, packaging, & posting recaps, this role requires a confident & efficient editor whos comfortable processing large amounts of copy for daily publication.
This role is currently remote, with the option to stay remote or work out of our New York offices once we can safely reopen.
- Assist with planning & assigning TV recap articles, which can range from 20-40 posts per week
- Line edit, package, & publish individual recap articles for current shows & classic series
- Maintain relationships with Vultures existing stable of freelance recap writers while also finding new voices to contribute
- Work with our social media team on bespoke strategies for promoting the recaps of different shows
- Help develop unique & unexpected approaches to the TV recap format
- Update old recaps to improve their formatting & SEO
- Maintain individual show landing pages & the TV Recaps landing page
- 2+ years experience editing copy for accuracy, voice, & tone
- A knowledge of & deep enthusiasm for the current television landscape, including broadcast, cable, streaming, & web-based series
- Familiarity with the current Vulture TV recaps operation
- A working understanding of social media, SEO, & traffic analytics
- Willingness & ability to occasionally work off-hours to ensure timely publishing of recaps
About working at Vox Media:
This is a permanent, full-time position with excellent benefitsincluding flexible hours & generous parental leave. Vox Media strives to provide comprehensive healthcare options for our employees & to ensure that our healthcare & other benefits are LGBTQ-inclusive. You'll be joining a group of focused, hard-working, creative people who are passionate about doing work that's challenging & funand who strive to maintain a healthy work/life balance.
Vox Media is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds & everyone is encouraged to apply. Vox Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer & does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.