CLEAR's mission is to strengthen security & create frictionless experiences for consumers. We believe you are you & by using your biometrics - your fingerprints, eyes, & face - we keep you moving. Imagine a world where you can do virtually everything you need to breeze through the airport, buy a beer at the game, check-in at the doctor's office, access your office building, & more without ever pulling out your wallet or phone. Now in 60+ airports & other venues nationwide, you are your ID, credit card, ticket, reservation & more with CLEAR.
We're defining & leading an entirely new industry, obsessing over our customers, & investing in great people to lead the way. Recently named on CNBC's Disruptor 50 List & winner of the SXSW Interactive Innovation Award, we're working tirelessly to create frictionless customer experiences for our 3+ million members across the country.
We are seeking a driven, strategic, technology focused & customer-centric software development leader. As an Engineering Manager, you will be responsible for leading our Biometrics Platform team in design, development, test, & deployment of these services. A successful candidate will have an established background in developing software, a strong technical ability, excellent project management skills, great communication skills, & a motivation to achieve results in a fast paced environment. This individual will have a strong track record of helping to deliver an effective, highly-available, & flexible technology platform in a hyper-growth environment where priorities shift quickly.
Do you geek out on performance tuning, scaling a microservices backend system, learning or further enhancing your biometrics technology knowledge? Looking for a technology driven passionate leader that wants to help take our core biometrics platform to the next level.Your team will be building cloud native applications hosted in AWS using modern distributed application design patterns.
What You Will Do
- Responsible for technical project delivery & support of your system
- Work with Product Management to drive & develop a strategic program roadmap
- You will be managing teams of engineers
- You will create a technical strategy for your system
Who You Are
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Computer or Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field
- 10+ years of experience in understanding of all aspects of software engineering, including coding, maintenance, architecture & design
- 3+ years of experience leading & managing cross-functional teams to deliver products & projects on tight deadlines
- Drive Operational Excellence of a consumer facing software solution
- Understand OO design & knowledge of relevant modern design patterns
- Able to build, manage, & work with multiple teams to achieve defined goals
- Up to date with technology trends & experience in building cloud native is a plus