Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why & Where
We are looking for an experienced commercial attorney with experience negotiating partner deals to join our growing legal team. You will be responsible for drafting & negotiating sales channel & strategic alliance sales, system integrator & OEM contracts, & work closely with Twilios Partners Team as well as other key business units to guide contracts through review, negotiation & signing.
You are a talented & creative attorney who lives the Twilio Magic & is passionate about working on sophisticated contracts & closing deals. This job is for you if you enjoy & thrive in a fast-paced environment, & work well with cross functional business colleagues. You must be client-service oriented, attentive to detail, & possess excellent judgment. We are also looking for someone eager to be a contributing member of a fun, supportive & high functioning team.They also have:
- 4+ years experience with technology related business & commercial contracts with a focus on channel sales, business development, product commercialization and/or procurement.
- Ability to structure, draft & negotiate a high volume & broad range of channel sales agreements & new partner agreement models.
- Substantive transaction experience with complex contract and/or licensing agreements, working with resellers, system integrators, independent software vendors, OEMs, & other alliances & channel partners, & counseling on business development models, & channel relationships.
- Experience working in fast-paced technology companies is required; in-house experience strongly desired & previous experience in the legal department of a US listed company preferred;
- Proven ability to provide entrepreneurial, quick-thinking, pragmatic, business-oriented advice & to properly balance risks & business reward with a dedication to superior client service.
- Outstanding communication skills, both written & verbal, & ability to advocate for a position while maintaining a collaborative & open-minded approach.
- Ability to appropriately triage a heavy workflow, setting appropriate priorities with clients & delivering results efficiently.
- Due to the expectations of the role a J.D. is required along with strong academic credentials & demonstrated record of success as a lawyer, Member of California or other Bar membership required.
As Commercial Counsel, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- WRITE IT DOWN: You will be responsible to draft, negotiate, structure & close partner-facing & alliances or business development matters. To this end you will help build out centralized resources, processes, & documentation.
- DRAW THE OWL: You will support the Partner team on new templates, fallback positions, standardization & training. This will require deep thinking, collaboration & preparing new templates & negotiation strategies.
- BE AN OWNER & BE BOLD: You will train & advise contract specialists on the Legal Team on the preparation, negotiation & execution of form-based agreements.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: You will create best practices, streamlined processes & templates for your client groups to help support a rapidly growing business.
- NO SHENANIGANS: You will advise Twilios internal clients on contract interpretation & negotiation, & will provide training of your client groups. You will champion Twilios mission, ethics & integrity & make sure agreements we enter into are consistent with Twilios values & governance processes..
Twilios legal team prides itself on the trust it has built across the business through consistently providing practical & sound legal advice. Your unique skill set & experience are critical to help support our thriving & growing business & reinforce the trust & partnership we have cultivated with teams across the company.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the worlds developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, & your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed & we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, & innovation & we want you & your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
We employ diverse talent from all over the world & we believe great work can be done anywhere. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits & perks to support the physical, financial, & emotional well being of you & your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously & purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work & be the best version of themselves.