Since 2010, Birchbox has redefined the way people discover & shop for beauty & grooming by pairing a monthly subscription of handpicked, customized samples with relevant content & a curated e-commerce shop.
Birchboxs trailblazing subscription concept has continued to innovate. Today, it speaks directly to an otherwise-overlooked, underserved consumera consumer who Birchbox calls "The Casual Consumer. Casual Consumers are not passionate about beauty, & want a simple, personalized way to explore, buy, & use beauty. They want it to be easy, effective, funand they expect the same things of their beauty products. Birchbox is the destination for all who identify as Beauty Casual.
As Birchbox continues to innovate, the women-founded-and-run company is eagerly working to become a leader in industry-wide efforts toward greater sustainability & racial equity. Birchbox operates in three countries, & reaches more than 2.5 million active customers with a portfolio of 300 best-in-class prestige brand partners.
Visit www.birchbox.com for a forever useful, always delightful beauty & grooming experience.
Birchbox is looking for a Manager, Assortment & Inventory Strategy to own inventory buying & assortment planning strategy for our e-commerce channel. This role will provide the insights, data & direction to support our merchandising team & develop the most relevant, successful assortment for our consumer.
The ideal candidate will operate with a deep understanding of Birchboxs casual customer data through analyzing current & historical sales data. They will use their knowledge of retail & e-commerce industry trends to provide strategic direction to both our subscription & e-commerce shop businesses.
**Our office is based out of New York, NY. Due to COVID, our team is working remotely until further notice.**
- Help lead the strategic direction for the Birchbox subscription & e-commerce shop assortment planning, including having a perspective on the size & growth potential for divisional, department, subclass & singular products & brands.
- Identify opportunities to expand new or existing categories, as well as refining existing assortment.
- Build shop assortment plans that achieve topline revenue goals
- Deliver regular business insights recapping performance & providing recommendations for merchandising & marketing initiatives based on revenue & inventory trends
- Align subscription sample buying with e-commerce buying to make smart investment decisions that will grow our business profitably
- Own weekly reporting at product, category, & brand level for review in partnership with merchants
- Accountable for all inventory purchasing for full-size products on Birchbox.com, ensuring mitigation of inventory liabilities while minimizing for out-of-stocks
- Model potential deal terms & assess financial & strategic impact to the company
- Onboard a new inventory management platform
- Bachelors degree or above
- 5+ years of experience in a quantitative role (planning, finance, buying, etc.)
- Direct to consumer/subscription brand experience is a plus.
- Strong Excel skills
- Highly analytical with an ability to synthesize large amounts of data & create actionable insights & develop strategy
- Strong ability to direct others & follow up on projects to ensure results
- Familiarity with Google Analytics & Metabase a plus
A successful candidate is...
- Motivated by being part of an environment where they can see the real impact of their day to day work
- Naturally organized & helps to keep everyone else organized too
- A strong team player who effectively fosters relationships with cross-functional partners
- Not necessarily obsessed with beauty but interested in the category & hungry to learn more
Birchbox welcomes people from all backgrounds, ethnicities, cultures, & experiences. We celebrate how different perspectives benefit our employees, our products, & our community. We are focused on cultivating a diverse & inclusive work environment that encourages collaboration, creativity, & innovation. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
***To support an inclusive & equitable hiring process, we are eliminating resume submissions. To complete your application, answer the questions below.**