Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why & Where
Twilio is looking for a Principal Frontend Engineer who wants to design, develop, deploy & operate services at scale to power Twilios AI/ML products. You are eager to learn from the team as well as inspire your teammates with your knowledge & skills. You think about how phenomenal UI/UX heavily influences the end-user. Thinking of scale comes naturally to you. You have a keen sense of what good frontend architecture looks like.
Twilio is looking for a Principal Frontend Engineer who lives the Twilio Magic & has:
- 3+ years experience in building UI products using frontend frameworks. Ideally significant experience with React
- 8+ years of HTML/CSS experience, including concepts like layout, specificity, cross browser compatibility, & accessibility
- 5+ years experience with browser APIs & optimizing front end performance
- Strong experience & expertise to build API products - experience with GraphQL, REST & NoSQL databases would be a phenomenal plus.
- Passionate about open source & deep understanding of the frontend engineering ecosystem
- Strong understanding & expertise on UX - you should be able to relate to a UX patterns & how best to build them
- Experience of working in distributed early-stage agile team environment
- Experience & passion for test driven development & continuous integration
- Bonus: Working with frontend applications that expose programmability and/or large portions of configurability
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Be part of a small, high-impact & hardworking engineering team. Show strong engagement in the team setting
- WEAR THE CUSTOMERS SHOES: Passion for & proven track record of executing product opportunities deeply grounded in customer needs
- DRAW THE OWL: Self-starter who can see the big picture & prioritize work to make the largest impact
- BE INCLUSIVE: Collaborating & brainstorming product ideas with product managers, design, data scientists & engineers
Today, Twilio powers the delivery of billions of the worlds communications. Customer conversations are one of the most informative indicators of a product & business health. They cover every time a customer was delighted, frustrated, buying more, closing their account, needing help, etc. But usually those conversations are trapped away in a black box, analyzed only by listening to them one by one, or with basic keyword search capabilities.
The Twilio AI team is building a platform that uses machine learning to transcribe, categorise, & extract meaning out of customer conversations so companies can evaluate every one of them & build workflows that automate actions, like prioritizing high value leads to follow up on or identifying customers likely to churn. Our goal is to help companies power more effective business processes & better customer engagement, by understanding the meaning in every conversation.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the worlds developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, & your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed & we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, & innovation & we want you & your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
We are a team that believes in remote working & remote-friendly practices, & we are distributed across three continents. This position can be located in the EU, either remote or (post-COVID) in one of Twilio's offices. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work & home life, that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously & purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do & be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, people who can draw the owl & not be beholden to one playbook.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video & email by virtualizing the worlds communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the worlds most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developers toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry from emerging leaders to the worlds largest organizations to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace & is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status & operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.