Quick Take: Axios is a new digital media company that tells you what matters & why to make you smarter, faster. We're hiring a Product Manager to join our growing product team!
Why it Matters: You will manage sprint planning & coordinate releases which includes providing project progress, status & visibility. You will drive product development through the entire development cycle, from ideation, design, & development, through to launch, support & optimization across our various products, including our soon-to-launch native mobile app. Youll also be responsible for helping us shepherd new ideas & experiments through the discovery & brainstorming process. Youll explore prototypes & initial versions of the features & products that will help Axios continue to evolve.
Go Deeper: You will employ & evolve a set of repeatable & scalable agile processes using a streamlined toolkit to ensure your team has everything they need to execute on the product vision. You will partner with user research to identify user needs & communicate these insights to design & development teams to ensure successful feature implementation.
The Details: Ideal candidates will embody a collaborative & entrepreneurial spirit, a passion for Axios mission & have the following skills:
- Track record of shipping products that solve problems & delight users
- Experience managing mobile projects across both iOS & Android
- Demonstrated experience working with technical colleagues/engineers
- Demonstrated product management experience
- Commitment to quality - you take pride in facilitating your team to deliver unmatched products with measurable value
- Experience working with data scientists & analysts on delivering a personalized experience to our audience
- Ability to run efficient meetings, facilitate discussion & present to senior leadership
- Familiarity with Atlassian tools (Jira, Confluence) is a plus
- Previous coding experience of any kind is a plus
- A commitment to an open, inclusive, & diverse work culture
- Competitive salary
- Health insurance (100% paid for individuals, 75% for families)
- Primary caregiver 12-week paid leave
- Annual learning & development stipend
- Generous vacation policy, plus company holidays
- Company equity
- Commuter & cell phone benefit