The Services GTM Manager is a hybrid Services Sales role responsible for selling Okta Professional Services & Professional Services business development. We are looking for an experienced person that can:
- Develop Solutions & programs to increase the value of Okta services to groups of customers & roll out these solutions across the services sales team.
- Excel in positioning the value of solutions developed & work with our Engagement Managers in positioning Okta Professional Services & helping close new business.
The Services GTM Manager will have a sales quota related to their duties. This quota is retired for selling into specifically named accounts. These accounts may be uniquely owned or primed by an Engagement Manager & you sell in tandem to grow the solution footprint being developed.
You will also partner with the license sales team & lead with scoping, selling, & positioning of Okta Professional Services with the goal of delighting our customers by accelerating their time to value. As a governing partner during delivery, you will provide leadership & mentoring as needed to the PS Delivery team, responsible for a smooth transition to the Delivery team, & collaborate with the Customer Success ecosystem to ensure deployment meets what was sold. Finally, you will also be responsible for the continuous improvement of services sales processes & methods. This role will report to the VP of AMER Professional Services,
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Sell in tandem with Engagement managers on shared accounts or directly manage assigned accounts where you are primary relationship manager.
- Articulate & sell the value of Okta Services within prospective & existing accounts enterprise customers
- Work in conjunction with Sales Representatives, Sales Engineers, & Architects to define & integrate the services solution into the comprehensive Okta proposal
- Own Services pursuits (bookings quota) & revenue performance in territory
- Plan & lead Professional Services scoping activity with prospective customers & produce proposal, level of effort, Statement of Work, & resource plans
- Plan & lead Training positioning & discovery with prospective customers, make training recommendations, & ensure appropriate training is included in proposals & quotes.
- Work harmoniously with Okta channel partners on joint proposals & scoping to ensure customer success
- Being recognized by customer as a trusted advisor in product deployment & process decisions.
- Perform in a billable capacity as a governing partner during implementation to continue customer sponsor & executive relationship, & assist with critical issues & expectation coordination.
- Participate in virtual teams to assist buildout Okta Services methodologies, processes, offerings/services, & collateral
Go To Market Function:
- Develop service solutions that can be brought to market within Americas with a focus on Public sector, Financial & Healthcare industries. For example: development of Identity COE framework for customers to manage Identity as a primary cloud.
- Develop & collaborate on go-to-market plans with appropriate stakeholders across Okta or service partners
- Partner with Sales to arm them with necessary enablement tools to promote new products & solutions & sales plays
- Provide subject matter expertise on opportunities & support sales effort by generating relevant industry specific assets such as whitepapers & blogs
- Within Public Sector, develop & drive account-based marketing initiatives
- Work with Alliance team to develop positioning & content plans to support our priorities for service partners
- Lead development of process for lead sourcing from PS to Software sales
- Development of sales process improvements as assigned
- Demonstrable experience of selling Professional Services or Technology Solutions.
- Have met & exceeded bookings & utilization targets.
- Building & maintaining positive relationships with key partners throughout a delivery process.
- Strong presentation skills: Showing the value, capabilities, & differentiators of complex service solutions using methodologies & service offerings.
- Breadth of knowledge executing the SOW/Proposal processes by scoping, producing, & delivering to the customer SOWs that meet customers documented requirements
- Can articulate relevant customer success stories & metrics that demonstrate value to the customer.
- Some experience with technologies & protocols to support identity federation & robust access control models (e.g., SAML 2.0, XACML, WS-Federation, WS-Trust, OAuth, OpenID)
- Some knowledge of enterprise web technologies, security & state of the art infrastructures
- General knowledge of cloud architecture as well as on-premise IT landscape
- Some knowledge & experience in Identity & Access Management (IAM) & Security space preferred
- AD & LDAP experience is useful.
- SaaS experience: Salesforce, NetSuite, Workday, Okta preferred
- Project Management experience is a plus
- Ability to learn Okta solutions at a fairly technical level
You exhibit confidence & a deep understanding of emerging industry practices when solving business problems. In addition, we want someone who displays certainty in driving requirements, estimating, scoping, & selling proposals. You can identify critical issues with ease, while pushing creative thinking beyond the boundaries of existing industry practices & customer mindsets.
- Drives customer interactions & provides mentorship & structure to SOW proposal development & PS sales cycles
- Communicates with internal & external customers & management
- Effectively communicate technical information to non-technical audiences
- Delivers informative, well-organized presentations
- Understands how to communicate difficult/sensitive information thoughtfully
Team & Customer Interaction
- Facilitates & leads effective team interaction
- Communicates effectively with customers to identify needs & evaluate alternative business & technical solutions with customers
- Continually seeks opportunities to increase customer satisfaction & deepen client relationships
- Manages client expectations effectively
A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related discipline required
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative & successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies & provides flexible benefits & collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best & uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Oktas privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.