PhD & Masters University Grad Position-
Our company vision is to amplify human potential. Our mission is to deliver enterprise a powerful tool for transformationan augmented reality platform of great utility & simplicity. Achieving our goals requires passion & dedication. Thats why were committed to building & empowering a diverse team of incredibly talented people & fostering an inclusive culture through our values of unity, innovation, & user centricity.
Magic Leap is looking for PhD & Masters students to join our team for a 3 month Summer Program for Underrepresented Students in Engineering. In partnership with STEM departments at Historically Black Colleges & Universities (HBCUs), Hispanic Serving Institutions (HSIs), Women In Engineering Institutions, & broader universities we are committed to empowering & elevating diversity of thought, experience, & background in our workforce & in our pipeline of future researchers!
The Quantified Experience (QX) team of Magic Leap is seeking a fellow with a background in human vision science. Depending on your interests & expertise, the 3-month position could involve collaboration on ongoing research into, for example, perceptual image quality, ocular optics, text legibility, or root-causing the sources of visual discomfort that users of head-mounted displays may experience. But we welcome ideas for other lines of research, too. You must hold at minimum a Master's degree in vision science or related field.
The QX team provides subject matter expertise on a variety of topics related to human vision ranging from the physiology of the visual system to visual perception. It informs Magic Leap's leadership & other teams on perceptual best practices & works closely with Systems Engineering, Optical Engineering, Healthcare, Human Factors & UX/UI teams. We are looking for candidates who are creative, energetic team players who excel in a fast-paced, hands-on environment.
You will need to go into one of our office regularly in Plantation, Florida.
- Conduct research in collaboration with other vision scientists from hypothesis to delivery using scientific methods.
- Collaborate with other Magic Leap teams to explore perceptual factors, define engineering & design specifications, & make recommendations for visual perception in augmented reality
- Identify perceptual challenges & opportunities for leveraging the human visual system
- Code software for experiments, proctor studies, write software to analyze data.
- Experience with psychophysical & other psychological research methods
- Critical thinking & analytic problem solving skills & working knowledge of statistics for behavioral sciences.
- Ability to adapt quickly & get up-to-speed on new technologies.
- Profound knowledge of at least one of the following programming languages: Matlab, C/C++, Python
- Experience with Unity, Unreal or OpenGL is a plus
- Experience with Matlab Psychtoolbox is a plus
- Ability to summarize research findings in a meaningful way for colleagues outside QX.
- Masters or PHD student in Engineering degree