Hi, were Oscar. Were a fully licensed health insurer. Our goal is to make healthcare simple, transparent, & human.
We are changing how health insurance works. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent & human. We need your help to do so. We brought together leaders from top technology, service & healthcare companies to work side by side to disrupt health insurance. The result? Better people, better ideas, & better healthcare.And now, were bringing all of this & more to the Medicare Advantage (MA) space.
In this role, you will play an essential role in launching our Medicare Advantage (MA) business. You will be responsible to build, implement, & continually execute on a Medicare Star Ratings program - setting up the organizational governance, working with Analytics & Data Science teams to build the right models & tracking, & working with our Operations & Clinical teams on designing the programs & interventions to improve Stars measures. You will join the Medicare Advantage organization & report directly to the General Manager. This is an exciting opportunity to be at the forefront of growth at Oscar, helping enable our innovative model reach new members.
What is the position?
- Build our Medicare Star Ratings program in 2019
- Develop & implement a governance structure
- Design requirements for each function & determine their resource needs
- Work with each function to be ready for 1/1/2020
- Ensure 4+ Star performance in 2020
- Continue to build the program in 2020
- Monitor success
- Drive outcomes & intervene where necessary
Who are you?
- You have Bachelors Degree or higher
- You have 7+ years of work experience in Medicare Advantage Quality Improvement & STARS, ideally both Part C & Part D
- You have been personally accountable for achieving STARS outcomes
- You have built or managed 4+ STARS programs
- You have experience in & enjoy managing large projects that require strong organizational skills & collaborating with a broad array of different teams within an organization
- You are a critical thinker who can distill complex concepts & regulatory requirements into easy to understand action items
- You have acute attention to detail & always strive for perfection when writing formal documents.
- You get things done, even if its crunch time
- You have passion for healthcare & a knack for making processes more systematic
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we work to cultivate an environment where exceptional people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change healthcare -- an experience made whole by your unique background & perspectives.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicants disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy: Oscar's Pay Transparency Policy ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.