Were on the lookout for a Director of Business Development to join our rapidly growing team in DUMBO. You will love this role if you are an entrepreneurial spirit that is passionate about growing a business through budding sales channels. You will support managing Brooklinens fast-growing Hospitality, Gifting, Amazon, & Wholesale businesses. You will also analyze industry trends & develop go-to-market strategies with potential new partners. Success in this role will be driven by strong analytical, Excel, relationship management, & project management skills.
What youll do
- Deep dive into sales, marketing, & e-commerce data that pertains to the Hospitality, Gifting, Amazon, & Wholesale businesses. Provide insights & roll-out strategic initiatives driven by your findings.
- Set annual budgets for each channel, & perform monthly reforecasts. Regularly report on performance vs. expectations. Tell a detailed story: what is working, what isnt working (and how it will be fixed), discuss new initiatives & opportunities, etc.
- Provide ad hoc analyses that pertain to your sales channel. This can include anything from margin analysis by sales channels, sell-through data by product collection by channel, conversion rate analyses, new vs. repeat customer metrics, customer acquisition costs, return on ad spend, & more.
- Lead cross-functional projects that relate to the expansion of sales across both current & new channels. This includes managing the strategic initiative workflow (setting timelines, managing the project in Monday.com, providing regular project updates to the VP, Business Development, etc.)
- Be willing to get your hands dirty & dive into the nitty-gritty of the day-to-day. Meet with internal team members to learn about how the engines run to the point where you will be able to act as a redundancy. Identify ways to invent & simplify the teams workflow & optimize for scale.
What were looking for
- 10 years of experience in a Business Development role in a consumer e-commerce & retail business
- 3-5 years of people leadership experience
- Experience in a DTC, start up environment preferred
- Strategic, analytical mindset
- Constantly digs a level deeper to uncover new insights & understanding
- Experience budgeting & forecasting
- Has a love for problem-solving
Why join us?
- Our team is made up of friendly, funny, welcoming, low-ego, & passionate people -- who also happen to be great at what they do. We all know the people you work with can make or break a job & so we go to great lengths to protect this amazing culture.
- We work hard, but are well-rounded (and well-rested). Breaks to pet dogs & hang with coworkers are encouraged. So is taking vacation (weve got a $1k vacation bonus), getting out of here at a reasonable hour, Summer Fridays, & obviously getting a great night sleep (our day starts at 10am).
- Care about growth? So do we. Were growing rapidly, so weve got tons of exciting growth opportunities for our amazingly talented team. Not the type of place where you wait for your boss to quit before you can get promoted. New projects & business needs pop up every single day, & we always look internally first.
- All the other stuff youd expect - great benefits (with fully company-paid options), a 401k plan, 100% paid parental leave for ALL new parents, budget for learning & development, fun team outings, & much more.
Everyone is welcome at Brooklinen - were passionate about building a team that reflects the diversity of our community & creating an environment where our differences are celebrated. We welcome people across backgrounds, perspectives, identities, experiences, & abilities & cant wait to read your application!
At Brooklinen, we deliver simple, beautiful, high-quality home essentials at a fair price. We cut out the middlemen, brand markups, & anything that doesnt add value for our customers so they can absorb all the savings. We design our own luxury basics & bring them to you at brooklinen.com.
Since launching 2014, Brooklinen has obtained over 40,000+ 5-star reviews & been featured in Forbes, Vogue, Fortune, New York Magazine, GQ & more.