Based in Montreal, Behaviour Interactive is one of the largest independent game developers in North America. Anchored in the industry for more than 25 years now, its success is characterized by its versatility to create games based on leading brands, but also original IP's across all major platforms. Behaviour is a Canadian company with an entrepreneurial culture that promotes opportunities & personal development at the same time that giving their employees the feeling of making a difference.
This position is within our original IP studio, Behaviour Digital.
You are the keeper of the creative vision of the game. You create & elaborate on the core principles of the game. You develop new mechanics & original concepts while staying aware of the technology & the brand in the context of competitive PC games. Your goal: produce an outstanding & unforgettable player experience that keeps players excited & viewers engaged. You are also responsible for ensuring that the development team clearly understands the vision of the game.
They are expected to receive & address feedback from (among others) the Lead Game Designer, Creative Director, the Producer & other parts of the studio direction.
- Provide design vision & documentation to achieve unparalleled gameplay, controls, interface, etc.;
- Provide time estimates, upon request;
- Search for solutions to address client & community feedback & stay on track (budget/scope/timeline);
- Maintain high-quality gameplay that stays within the confines of the brand;
- Acquisition of the user & retention strategies;
- Ensure that difficulty curves are consistent & appropriate for the type of game & audience;
- Build solid game systems & balance them during the whole life of the product.
- Create & update all game design documentation;
- Create & balance gameplay systems;
- Create & update maps (w/Level Designers).