Company Description|Job Description
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You'rean Individual.We'rethe team for you.Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The Visa Digital & Developer Platform Organization (DDP) has the mission of "Leading Visa into Digital Commerce for Everyone, Everywhere." DDP team is responsible for architecture, design & development of Visa's digital & mobile products, including Visa Checkout, Visa Token Services, Push Payments & Visa Digital Commerce App.
In this position, you will lead a team of highly capable & engaged mobile developers. Yourprimary responsibilities include developing talent, communicating expectations, & holding team members accountable in order to be successful in this position. You will drive for team engagement & productivities & champion quality & security in both iOS & Android mobile applications your team works on. It is expected that you are taking a hands-on approach in guiding the team in adopting the engineering best practices & new technology in the development of both iOS & Android apps. You will build relationship with other organizations including Product & Operations to ensuring delivery & quality goals are met.
Candidates for this role will be well-rounded technology leaders who have good understanding on the current trends & practices in broad technology in the mobile & software engineering space. The role is a self-organized technology leader with in-depth understanding of organizational management principles, software development life cycles, & software engineering practices. Your strong management skills, relationship building ability, leadership in software engineering practices, & strong desire to collaborate with others are all required to make this role successful.
The Mobile Development Director position is based in Austin, Texas.
- 10 years of work experience with a Bachelor's Degree or at least 8 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD) or at least 3 years of work experience with a PhD
- 12-15 years of work experience with a Bachelor's Degree or 8-10 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 6+ years of work experience with a PhD
- A 10+ year track record of relevant work experience & a Computer Science or related technical discipline is required.
- A fully rounded technologist with full stack working experience with hands on experience in developing scalable mobile applications (Android/iOS,) integrating with backend APIs.
- Demonstrate knowledge & experience in software engineering best practices & the ability to influence the team to adopt the practices especially in the area of mobile development.
- Technology savvy. Have broad understanding on current technology trends in mobile technology & a desire to stay on top of industry trends.
- Demonstrate the ability in inspiring, motivating, growing the team to achieve high team engagement, efficiency, & quality
- Experience working on product development collaborating with multiple teams that have different development models, release cycles, & developer needs.
- In-depth understanding of agile principles. Demonstrate expertise in running Agile teams in an enterprise setting
- Strong communication skills. Be able to influence executive teams & other organizations on decisions. Proven collaboration skills with other groups
- Be data driven, understand the need for & apply analytics
- Self-motivated with strong drive for excellence
- Experience in leading development teams for high volume consumer facing systems and/or Payments, ecommerce systems is a strong plus
Work Hours This position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours.
Travel Requirements This position requires the incumbent to travel for work less than15% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit & stand at a desk, communicate in person & by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones & computers, & reach with hands & arms.
EEO Statement Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines & applicable local law.