Product Marketing Manager
Who are we?
WorldRemit is changing the way people send money abroad. Weve taken something complicated & made it simple. Tap the WorldRemit App or click on our website & your international transfer is made to a bank account, cash pickup, Mobile Money, or airtime top-up. Founded in 2010, we send international remittances from 50 countries to more than 150 countries & we continue to expand our footprint.
Using WorldRemit is easy because we do the hard bit, connecting hundreds of banks, money agents, mobile operators & payment systems around the world. These were never designed to work together, but WorldRemit makes it happen.
WorldRemit has grown on average by 50% year on year & is now processing over 3bn of remittances on an annualised basis. We have raised c.$200 million in funding, currently employ over 750 employees & have offices in London, USA, Philippines, Poland, Australia, New Zealand, Canada, Japan, Hong Kong & other locations.
The journey is just beginning. We believe in faster, simpler, more accessible money transfers. That means building better products & services for our customers.
Changing the world isnt easy so we only hire the most talented people. You need to think differently, believe in new solutions to old problems, & have the drive to make them happen. We aim to attract, retain & develop people that can bring to life our values:
You can learn more about our culture & how we work by watching this video on our Careers page
About the Role
As we continue to diversify & broaden our service offering at WorldRemit, you will be instrumental in developing an insight-led innovation roadmap for the business & shaping the marketing strategy for new products & features we are developing for our customers.
Reporting to the Research & Strategy lead, you will use your research skills to help identify fresh opportunities for WorldRemit & make recommendations on how to evolve our product offering to meet changing customer needs. Serving as liaison between product, engineering & marketing teams, you will develop a go-to-market strategy & product-level marketing plan, that is reflective of the audience insight underpinning the opportunity. You will support the campaigns team with recommendations on product proposition, target audience & campaign strategy. Closing the product cycle, you will be responsible for overseeing product marketing performance & implementing lessons learnt.
- Scoping & Research
- Triangulation of Voice of the Customer, customer understanding & market & competitor intelligence to identify opportunities for product innovation & growth
- Providing insight on wider market landscape & competitor innovation
- Supporting on product related consumer research
- Developing strong understanding of our diverse, global audience & our customers needs & expectations, to shape marketing strategy, & help strengthen insight across the business
- Inform wider market positioning of WorldRemit in key send & receive markets
- Strategy development & marketing planning
- Collaborating closely with product & engineering teams on launch & implementation plans
- Writing marketing strategy & launch plans for new product propositions
- Making recommendations on customer propositions & messaging
- Defining target audience & provide profiling information to inform marketing approach
- Making recommendations on targeting & channel strategy
- Overseeing campaign delivery, working closely with the campaign & CRM teams
- Assessing risks & market threats impacting product & campaign performance
- Measurement & reporting
- Measuring & monitoring campaign performance across a variety of channels (e.g. social media, online, ATL, BTL, events, etc), working closely with the research, analytics & online marketing teams
- Set, measure & report on key performance indicators for product campaigns & offer evidence-based recommendations for improvement
- Producing impactful & insightful exec-ready reports on performance, effectiveness & optimization, at product & campaign level
Summary of required experience & attributes
- A marketing all-rounder who understands all stages of marketing planning & delivery, & can handle a varied & wide-ranging remit
- A self-starter who takes initiative & is comfortable working independently
- Someone who thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Able to deliver high quality outputs consistently
- A strategic thinker, with strong analytical capabilities
- Able to distil complex information into clear recommendations
- Eager to learn, grow & gain new skills
- Comfortable working with a wide range of stakeholders, in the UK & globally
- Minimum 5+ years experience in marketing, with a focus on but not limited to digital channels
- Strong experience in developing marketing strategy for digital products/services
- Strong commercial acumen & basic understanding of product / dynamic pricing
- Experience in leading workstreams & managing cross-business project teams
- At least basic knowledge of Google Analytics & social media analytics
- Experience in market & competitor analysis, desk research, and/or market research
- Solid reporting & presentation skills, ideally some experience with Tableau
- A strong academic background, ideally in a role related field e.g. business, marketing, economics
- Sector experience in financial services, technology or international services field is an advantage
Start Date: ASAP
- Life assurance of 3 times your salary, should the worst happen.
- Pension scheme offering 8% matched contributions.
- Private medical & dental care plans.
- 25 days of holiday plus bank holidays, rising to 28 after 3 years.
- Free breakfast & fruit every day & Friday afternoon tea drinks & nibbles.
- No formal dress code.