The Manager, Inventory Accounting provides accurate reporting & analysis to drive strategic decisions. This position is called upon to assist finance leadership & functional area managers with a variety of financial, statistical, & analytical needs. Given the complexity of the business, strong problem solving & data comprehension skills are required. This is a roll up your sleeves type of role, where you should genuinely enjoy analyzing financial statements, crunching numbers, & doing whatever it takes to ensure that our accounting function runs as smoothly & efficiently as possible
You will ...
- Own assigned month-end close processes, prepare account reconciliations, record journal entries & maintain accurate supporting documentation.
- Value inventory & manage relationships with DC personnel to ensure inventory processes & counts are complete & accurate.
- Develop, prepare, & present financial analyses that include accurate & reliable information to provide direction in strategic decisions.
- Develop & document process improvements that support strong fiscal management & reporting.
- Ensure audit preparedness & compliance. Support external audit requirements related to specific areas of responsibility.
- Conduct research & provide technical guidance on areas of responsibility.
- Investigate & resolve inventory irregularities, providing solutions & guidance.
- Review the work of staff accountants & mentor them in their area of responsibility.
- Devise proposals to improve accounting processes in order to shorten time to close, improve controls & ensure scalability as the business grows.
- Provide additional ad hoc reports & analyses as needed.
- Problem solving & analytical skills with the ability to mine & aggregate raw data from a variety of sources.
- An entrepreneurial spirit coupled with excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent oral & written communication skills with the ability to interact with & influence all levels of the organization.
- The ability to plan, organize, & manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- The ability to work in a team environment.
At a minimum, you have...
- BA/BS in Accounting; CPA preferred
- 4+ years professional accounting experience with a public accounting firm preferred (> $100 million revenue);
- Detailed understanding of month end closing processes & thorough US GAAP expertise; IFRS knowledge is a plus;
- Experience with food/manufacturing/ ecommerce industries preferred, but not required;
- Inventory experience preferred
- Advanced Excel & data manipulation skills (Alteryx and/or Power Query experience a plus);
- Familiarity with Oracle is a plus
This is a hybrid role located in either our NYC or Boulder, CO headquarters.