Company Description|Job Description
Based in Montreal, Behaviour Interactive is one of the largest independent game developers in North America. Anchored in the industry for more than 25 years now, its success is characterized by its versatility to create games based on leading brands, but also original IP's across all major platforms. Behaviour is a Canadian company with an entrepreneurial culture that promotes opportunities & personal development at the same time that giving their employees the feeling of making a difference.
The UX Designer will be responsible for creating & documenting the design of the video game's menus & interfaces. Well organized & structured, the UX Designer must streamline & communicate the relevant information to create the most gratifying gaming experience for the player. This individual will work in close collaboration with the Creative Director, Product Managers, Game Designers, UI designers & the Programming department.
- Conceive & create user-centric interface layout design, menu flow design & documentation (including wireframes, clickable prototypes);
- Critical & very detailed analysis of existing designs & propose improvements or adjustments;
- Challenge designer or product managers on new design, features;
- Able to anticipate UX problems on a long-term view & to propose sustainable solutions;
- Participate in meetings in order to share ideas & knowledge;
- Complete research & gather data in order to create the most comprehensive & streamlined experience for the player, while staying in-line with game design intention & graphical & technical requirements;
- Work in close collaboration with the UI, Design, & Programming teams.
- Able to organize playtest, research or focus group & analyze data.
- At least a first experience in User Experience (or equivalent) in the video game industry.
- Strong experience designing UX for videogames;
- Strong knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, et Flash;
- Have a strong understanding of usability & interface ergonomics;
- Creative, autonomous, ability to adapt to requests;
- Able to work in a multidisciplinary group;
- Able to clearly identify interface strength & weaknesses;
- Passionate about video games;
- Experience with the Unity Engine or Unreal4 is a plus.