ABOUT THE ROLE
At Peloton, we view Platform as a Product. A great platform unlocks the speed of development & learning. It allows us to scale easily, enabling our engineers to maximize attention on new features & capabilities, instead of working on building & managing infrastructure.
A key to creating a great platform is data-driven insights. How often are developers making pull requests? Does this differ by domain & code-base? How long does it take between commit & deploy? How often does each team deploy? What are the bottlenecks? What are the frictions we need to address? Then later, after you help us identify these, what impact did we make? How much did we speed up our work? How efficiently does our code run in production? What error rates are we seeing per session, client app, etc.? Where should we focus our attention to create the best outcomes for our members?
This is a new role in Platform, a key part of our new Product organization in Platform. You will build data sets, run analyses, share insights, & create analytics that enables our entire Platform organization to be more data-driven in how we plan work & measure value. Your insights & discoveries will lead to the creation of key initiatives & investments & will result in key outcomes visible across technology & business operations at Peloton.
YOUR DAILY IMPACT AT PELOTON
- Partner with engineering & product teams (across Peloton & leaders in the industry) to define what true developer productivity is & how to determine strong proxy measures of this
- Design & build data pipelines & data lakes to capture, clean, & analyze data on developer activity, & use this to construct meaningful insights that allow us to continually improve the developer experience at Peloton--across every domain. Create dashboards that empower tech leadership to measure progress & prioritize action.
- Lead research & experimentation initiatives to develop a deeper understanding of the developer experience, applying insights to drive the Platform's product & instructional design strategies
- Create strategic frameworks to prioritize new projects by evaluating & forecasting their potential to improve developer productivity
- Maintain a culture of data rigor & curiosity to discover new opportunities for impact
YOU BRING TO PELOTON
- A degree in Econometrics, Statistics, similar field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Proven experience with mixed data skillsets & approaches (analytics, analytic tools, & data science); experience with rapid product development in an agile environment is preferred
- Strong analytical skills, including analysis & modeling of unstructured data, statistics, A/B testing, & experimental design
- You have a deep understanding of a breadth of modeling techniques (e.g. regression models, causal inference in marketing & product launches, advanced Bayesian techniques)
- Advanced SQL skills, & programming expertise in R or Python
- The capacity & passion to translate business objectives into actionable analyses--and the results of these into business & product recommendations
- The ability to thrive in a dynamic environment & execute with autonomy
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, & streaming technology, we create digital fitness & wellness content & products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Together We Go Far means that we are greater than the sum of our parts, stronger collectively when each one of us is at our best. In order to be the best version of Peloton, we are deeply committed to building a diverse workforce & inclusive culture where all of our team members can be the best version of themselves. This work has no endpoint; it is the constant work of running an organization that strives to reach its full potential. As a first step in our commitment, we announced the Peloton Pledge to invest $100 million over the next four years to fight racial injustice & inequity in our world, & to promote health & wellbeing for all, from the inside out.