At Lyft, community is what we are & its what we do. Its what makes us different. To create the best ride for all, we start in our own community by creating an open, inclusive, & diverse organization where all team members are recognized for what they bring.
Lyft understands that the future of a seamless, amazing mobility experience requires more than a great app & great drivers. It also requires a great vehicle. This is why weve reimagined our Driver Hubs to include new vehicle services that will not only improve the experience for our customers, but also reduce some of the challenges that come with being a driver. Our in-house vehicle service centers, where drivers will get high quality, affordable maintenance & repair with lightning speed will be building out quickly.
As the Automotive Body Technician, you will report into the Vehicle Service Manager. You will be responsible for the learning, execution, certification, & improvement of our work standards & processes, which are an integral part of our overall vehicle repair & service system. Your role as a member of our team, as is everyone's, is to focus on the improvement of the whole system, so that our customer is better served. This work requires teaming, respect, problem solving & collaboration with all parts of our organization, always keeping our customers & fulfillment of their needs as the target. The work is to better understand how your work affects all the other pieces of the process so that when all work interacts, better outcomes are created.
- Remove upholstery, accessories, electrical & hydraulic window & seat operating equipment & trim to gain access to the damaged area of the vehicle if needed. Store parts on carts or cover to eliminate potential damage
- Mend damaged body by hammering out or filling in dents & welding broken parts; ensure all gaps & fits are to industry standards; remove damaged fenders, panels & grills; & bolts or welds replacement parts in position & reassemble after parts are painted
- Operate a variety of hand & power tools (e.g. welder, soldering equipment, cutting torch, blocks, hammers, wrenches, sander, spray guns, etc.)
- File, grind, & sand repaired surfaces with 120-grit paper before turning the vehicle over to the Paint Dept.
- Repair or replace defective parts
- Ensure all needed repairs identified to eliminate supplements & minimize repair time
- 1-2 years experience in automotive diagnosis, servicing, & repairs.
- Knowledge of body filler & metal work.
- Possess a valid driver's license & clean driving record.
- Work in a team-based environment & achieve common goals
- Great medical, dental, & vision insurance options
- Mental health benefits
- Family building benefits
- In addition to 12 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, & foster parents are all eligible
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink - Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program
Lyft is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to an inclusive & diverse workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state & local law.
Until further notice, Lyft employees working in the United States & Canada in any capacity (on a daily or hybrid schedule, remote, or as a visitor) are required to provide proof that they are fully vaccinated & up to date against COVID-19. Fully vaccinated & up to date means an employee has: 1) received all recommended doses in a primary series of COVID-19 vaccine; & 2) either has received a booster dose or is not yet eligible to receive a booster dose but will do so when eligible. Lyft will maintain records associated with your vaccination history in a way that is compliant with all relevant Federal, state & local laws. Exceptions to this requirement are employees who require religious or medical exemption as approved through Lyft's accommodations process. New employees must provide proof of full vaccination or receive an accommodation exception approval prior to their start date.