Hi, we're Oscar. We are looking for a strong, forward-thinking Market Development Executive to join our team in the San Francisco/Bay Area.
Oscar is a technology-driven, consumer-focused health insurance startup founded in 2012 & headquartered in New York City. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent, & human. We need your help to do so.
You will be responsible for driving membership growth through the management of traditional insurance sales channels, as well as the pursuit of innovative sales strategies. On the traditional side, you will drive the broker strategy, ensuring insurance brokers across our coverage area have the information & tools to effectively understand & sell. On the creative side, youll test & iterate on ideas to drive buzz at a local level & create partnerships with local organizations.
If you want a role where you can have an immediate impact on the trajectory of a high-growth product in a massive & important market, then this role is for you.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Building & managing broker & GA relationships in the assigned geographic market
- Identifying distribution partners to invest in, building relationships over time
- Representing Oscar in the market at local broker & community events
- Identifying & testing new growth opportunities, sharing learnings with broader sales team
- Meeting or exceeding sales goals while providing great service to distribution partners
- Providing local competitive intelligence & market research
Who are you?
- Highly entrepreneurial with a combination of hustle, creativity, & intellect
- Proven ability to drive revenue growth with 4+ years in sales roles
- Proactive, strategic, scrappy & ready to roll up your sleeves to make an immediate impact
- Passionately committed to providing great service & going above & beyond to deliver an outstanding experience for our brokers & their clients
- Comfortable setting own day-to-day priorities with excellent time management to ensure meeting with all the critical partners in the market
- An independent self-starter comfortable working in a startup environment in a remote capacity
- Quick learner who can quickly understand & communicate the nuances of the market & product
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- Experience in health insurance sales preferred, but not required.
Life at Oscar:
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds & perspectives.
We aim to make health care affordable & accessible for all, & apply this same vision to our perks & benefits, including: medical benefits, unlimited paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, & volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicants disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (email@example.com) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy:
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.