WeWork is the platform for creators, providing hundreds of thousands of members across the globe space, community, & services that enable them to do what they love & craft their life's work. Our mission is to build a world where people work to make a life, not just a living, & our own team members are central to that goal.
We are building software for physical space that uses data & technology at each point in the building process, such that it can make better sourcing decisions, improve its designs, build faster & smarter, & ultimately improve the lives of the people working within its buildings. Our state of the art technologies & dedication to technological innovation are key reasons why WeWork has been able to scale from operating one workspace location to more than 210 in just over eight years.
The mission of Real Estate & Development is to enable our teams across real estate, architecture, design, construction, & project management with the most up to date technology. Our technology allows for a better ability to source new deals, close those deals, design & build more efficiently, & manage the construction process end to end. We're supporting the core business here in RedTech & would love to have you on the team!
Are you someone with a strong creative streak? Do you enjoy fast paced exciting environments? Are you looking to contribute to making a real impact across many different communities & cultures around the world with the work that you're doing? If so, then we may have the opportunity for you.
- Design & implement solutions, addressing business requirements delivered by your Product Manager
- Collaborate with your fellow back-end & front-end engineers
- Work in an environment that supports your individual growth
- Perform code-reviews for your colleagues
- Lead engineering discussions
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science
- Minimum 4 years of experience building RESTful APIs & micro-services
- Experience in a continuous integration/deployment environment
- Excellent analytical & problem-solving skills
- Experience in modern Java micro-services stack such as Dropwizard, Spring Boot, vertx or similar
- Demonstrated experience writing scalable, high-performant & clean code
- Knowledge of designing & developing platform level components including events architectures, messaging, & caching. (JSM, ActiveMQ, Apache Kafka, etc.)
- Deep understanding of Amazon Web Services including ECS, CloudFormation, IAM, etc.
- Proficiency with JPA or Hibernate & ability to write SQL queries
- Experience with kotlin is a big plus
- Experience with test-driven development
We are an equal opportunity employer & value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.