Senior Cloud Infrastructure Engineer (US Remote)
Convene Engineering is building a technology platform to help humanize the built world, & we need an outstanding Cloud Infrastructure Engineer with AWS experience to join our engineering team. We are creating some of the most beautiful real-world meetings & flexible workplaces to inspire & foster collaboration & engagement. Our engineering projects connect Convene customers with Convene's physical world.
Convene's engineering team strives to deliver solutions that match the high standard of our physical spaces. This role focuses on the cloud Infrastructure that powers Convene digital products.
Reporting to the Manager of Cloud Engineering, The Senior Cloud Infrastructure Engineer works closely with the members of the Convene Engineering team. A successful candidate possesses strong problem-solving & analytical skills, is comfortable recommending solutions & technological improvements, is genuine, works with the highest of integrity, & relentlessly pursues success.
Note: This role is fully remote, however the candidate must reside in the US & be able to work without sponsorship.
- Have a BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field
- 5+ years of hands-on experience with: AWS Services such as EC2, ECS, VPC, Security Groups, Lambda, RDS, S3, SNS, SES, SQS, Kinesis, Cloudwatch, Redis & API Gateway
- HashiCorp Terraform
- Configuration management tools (e.g. Ansible, Chef, Puppet)
- Git Repos, Jenkins, Pipelines
- Scripting language (e.g. Ruby, Python, Perl, Bash)
- A proficiency in Linux systems administration & server configuration (e.g. CentOS/RHEL, Ubuntu/Debian, etc.)
- Demonstrable knowledge of TCP/IP, HTTP, DNS, & Internet application architecture
- Familiarity with log aggregation & monitoring systems (e.g. Splunk, ELK Stack, Nagios, Icinga, Monit, New Relic, etc.)
- Understanding of continuous integration & deployment tools (e.g. Jenkins, TravisCI, CircleCI, Rundeck, Spinnaker, Octopus Deploy etc.)
- Bonus: Kubernetes, Zabbix
- Will own deliverables for our end to end release in a continuous deploy pipeline
- Care deeply about quality & knows what it means to ship a high quality product
- Collaborative & adaptive, youre comfortable wearing many different hats
- Communicate clearly & are a pleasure to work with
What Youll Do
- Work with a team of extremely talented engineers to architect & build the platform which will run all Convene digital applications
- Design & build developer toolkit/tooling for Convene developers to streamline the process
- Design & participate in a complex systems designs & implementations
- Work with Product, Frontend, Mobile & QA teams, helping the team respond quickly & effectively to business needs
- Explore new technologies & have fun finding the best tools
What We Look For
- You are engineering obsessed & devoted to getting it right & getting it done.
- You are in love with change & enjoy being in a high-growth environment that is rapidly scaling.
- You are comfortable with ambiguity & can carve out a path to a solution, using your skill & intuition to make quick & confident decisions in this high-growth context.
- You are a person who always finds ways to help others on the team to learn, develop, & continually improve.
Who We Are:
Convene is a premium work experience company that includes a network of 25+ meeting, event, & office locations, & Virtual & Hybrid Meetings products. Were creating premium, hospitality-driven, & tech-enabled meeting & event experiences through our proprietary technology platform & network of premium workplaces. Join us at the forefront of improving how people meet & work.
Were Here For You:
At Convene, youll receive:
- Excellent health coverage for you & your family
- Medical & insurance navigation support through Eden Health
- Generous paid time off, including an extra day off for your birthday
- 401K plan with company matching
- Professional development support
- Access to healthy meals & snacks at work (when in the office)
- A chance to be part of a dynamic, growing team
- The opportunity to have a significant impact on your team & the business in the work that you do
Convene is committed to building an inclusive & diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer & welcome people from all backgrounds, experiences, abilities & perspectives. , #LI-JB1