Harrys started in 2013 with a specific goal: disrupt the shaving industry by creating an innovative, everyday product at a fair price. Since then, Harrys has expanded to Canada & Europe, developed relationships with retailers such as Target & Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, launched two new brands including Flamingo & Cat Person, & made our first brand acquisition with Lum.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, & logistics specialists, the Harrys team is composed of some of the most brilliant, diverse, & humble people youll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion & innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, & backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 5 or 500, our core values & our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement & learning, teamwork & collaboration, creative problem solving, & open & direct dialogue & feedback.
Harrys is operating as a hybrid-first environment - for us, that means that we ask folks to come into our beautiful, 88,000 square foot SoHo office a minimum of 2 days per week, with flexibility to choose exactly which days work best for you. What will you get out of that? Bagels on Wednesdays & lunch on Thursdays, & fully stocked kitchens with snacks, coffee, & drinks everyday. Cant forget the free products & the opportunity to have some meetings without Zoom (remember what 2019 was like?)
We are still requiring vaccinations for in-office employees. Reasonable accommodations due to a medical reason or sincerely held religious belief may be made.
About the Role
Harrys is looking for an experienced, strategic, & self-motivated communications leader to run public relations. As Senior Manager, PR, you'll work with the team to build & grow the Harrys brand & reputation among consumers through strategic placement in consumer, business, & lifestyle media & contribution to integrated communications plans.
You will be an integral part of the Harrys Creative Comms team, partnering closely with internal team members & external PR agencies, on the development of PR plans. You will develop approaches to storytelling that garner earned media coverage, generate widespread consumer awareness, & support our aspiration to become the biggest & most loved mens care brand in the U.S. by 2030. We believe in building a strong brand; your role will lead critical brand-building activities including (but not limited to) media strategy development & execution, editorial placement, relationship building with media, thought leadership activities, influencer relations, high-profile events, & support in product launches.
You have a background in pioneering CPG, beauty, fashion, and/or lifestyle categories. This is a hands-on role where excellent organizational & time-management skills are as critical as experience & network.
What Youll Accomplish:
- Develop & complete public relations strategy to grow brand awareness among consumers & media.
- Build innovative & comprehensive PR strategies that touch all types of media consumer, fashion, beauty & business pressand touchpoints (from speaking engagements to other thought leadership opportunities)
- Partner with all cross-functional departments to develop PR plans in support of key H brand & company priorities.
- Understand key business priorities & metrics in order to key business stories, & where to use the Harrys leadership team.
- Lead press-worthy consumer-facing events to illustrate the brand positioning in the eyes of the media, including key industry events/activations.
- Liaise with key media contacts (broadcast producers, fashion editors, online outlets, & fashion correspondents) to secure key media placements.
- Own & lead PR agency relationships & drive desired outcomes.
This should describe you
- You have experience in a senior public relations role (either in-house or at an agency)
- You have demonstrated success & expertise in innovative consumer-focused lifestyle, fashion, and/or CPG categories
- You have a close network of media relationships & shown experience securing feature stories across all forms of media
- Outstanding written, editing, verbal, & presentation skills & a journalistic ability to form & source story angles & content from team members
- Ability to take moments & craft then into compelling stories for media & consumers alike
- Experience with & ability to collaborate with leaders at all levels of an organization, from C-level executives to junior managers
- Experience leading projects (from the highest level down to the tiniest details) with multiple team members, in a fast-paced & dynamic environment
- Can seamlessly translate & tailor messaging for a variety of audiences
- Flexible & adaptable, with the ability to handle shifting timelines & priorities
- Very adept with using remote conferencing tools (e.g. Zoom), comfortable working with both Google Suite & Microsoft Office
- Experience in communications for design, culture, and/or lifestyle a plus
- A passion for being part of a positive, purposeful workplace
- A desire to have fun along the way
Benefits & perks
- Medical, dental, & vision coverage
- 401k match
- Equity in Harrys
- Unlimited PTO & flexible working hours
- Wellness & L&D stipends
- One month sabbatical after 5 years
- 16 weeks parental leave
- Fun IRL & virtual events including happy hours, team building events, & parties on our rooftop
- Free products from all of our brands
We have a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy.
Harrys is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds & perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, & do great work together.
Harrys is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment & advancement opportunities to all individuals. We recruit, hire & promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth & related medical conditions), parental status, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital, family or partnership status, political affiliation or activities, military service, domestic violence victim status, arrest/conviction record, sexual or reproductive health decisions, caregiver status, credit history immigration status, unemployment status, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture & protective hairstyles or any other status protected under applicable federal, state & local laws. Harrys commitment to providing equal employment opportunities extends to all aspects of employment, including job assignment, compensation, discipline & access to benefits & training.
We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC & are dedicated to going above & beyond in fostering diversity across our company.