Looking for a job to get you out of bed?
Casper is seeking a passionate Data Solutions Manager to join our Data & Analytics team & lead the effort to build & strengthen our data & data product capabilities. The Data Solutions Manager will works closely with analysts, data engineers, & stakeholders across all departments at Casper to drive strategy & execution across various data products. You will collaborate with our teams across the globe to deliver impactful data & analytics products that help fuel Caspers growth, improve efficiencies, & inspire brand love.
Casper (casper.com) is a global sleep company that launched in 2014 with an obsessively engineered, outrageously comfortable mattress sold directly to consumers. Its critically acclaimed sleep surface was developed in-house, has a sleek design, & is delivered in a small, "how did they do that?"-sized box. The company is one of the fastest-growing consumer brands of all time, & its product line has expanded to include sheets, pillows, a matching foundation, & a dog mattress. Casper was named one of Fast Company's 50 Most Innovative Companies in 2017, & its eponymous mattress was crowned one of TIME Magazine's Best Inventions.
We are deeply committed to building a diverse & inclusive workforce so that we represent all those who dream big equally.
When youre not catching zzzs, this is what youll do
- Lead reporting & insights automation initiative, responsible for leading the efforts of scoping, planning, delivering automatic business intelligence reports & customer insights.
- Own & manage analytical platforms such as Looker
- Manage analytical data roadmap & work with Data Engineering to build & strengthen our data capability
- Lead the effort to productionize data & analytics products
- Lead Data & Analytics quarterly planning activities, collaborating with team members, stakeholders & management to define requirements & scope for new projects, determine resource needs & capacity, set priorities, & commit to a roadmap.
- Help to manage Data Engineering projects across the full lifecycle, from idea generation through development, QA & deployment, continuously seeking ways to improve upon our processes.
- Conduct sprint meetings with the team & key stakeholders to define issues, prioritize tasks, commit to work, & review results.
- Communicate project status & success to the team, stakeholders, & the broader Casper organization.
- Work with the team to productionalize impactful analyses & create data products that serve Caspers mission.
Our dream candidate has...
- 3+ years of experience in relevant fields such as data engineering, analytics, or business intelligence who is interested in product/program management
- Strong knowledge of databases & analytical platforms, extra credit for redshift or Looker experience
- Experience in related domains such as reporting, data modeling, ETL, with knowledge of analytical applications
- Strong project management skills & can prioritize & manage deadlines across a portfolio of projects with cross-functional teams.
- Experience managing projects within both an agile & waterfall environment (and knows when one is preferred over the other).
- Mastered the art of creating space for analysts or engineers to do their work while also creating the structure needed to drive a program forward.
- Worked with project management software such as Jira, Asana, or Trello.
- (Bonus:) Written code in SQL, R and/or Python.
- (Bonus:) Experience in the furniture, home goods or related consumer industry.