We are looking for a Senior Manager to lead our Frontend Platform teams. You will lead multiple teams that enable our product engineers to deliver beautiful, durable, performant, & accessible experiences to our users. Their tools & components are critical to Squarespace's current & future feature roadmap. Your teams will deliver high-quality technology products & services, working in partnership with engineering, design & product leadership.
Frontend Platform is part of our Foundations Platform group. The group empowers Squarespace engineers, designers & product managers with platforms, frameworks, guidelines & documentation to enable them to easily & quickly write production ready code that follows best practices & is well tested, performant, scalable & reliable. The group strives to provide its internal customers with a consistent & standardized development experience across a wide range of areas.
You will report to the Director of Foundation Platforms in a full-time position in our New York City office, or remote in an approved US state.
We have introduced our Flexible Work Philosophy for Squarespace employees, which you can find on our career page. For those who will work out of our offices 1-5 days a week, we have also introduced a detailed return to office approach to guarantee a safe return for our Squarespace employees. The safety of our people is our top priority & we will continue to monitor the status of COVID19.
You'll Get To...
- Lead a group of engineering teams that provide platforms, libraries & components that are used by engineers, designers & product managers to build their frontend products
- Work closely with Product, Design & our Platform Architect to create, prioritize & execute on a Frontend Platform vision
- Promote the adoption of Platform strategies, best practices, standards & metrics
- Partner with our Sr. Manager Backend Platform to identify synergies with a focus on reducing the overall development time, build & deploy time & the time to market for new features
- Have regular 1-1s & skip-levels with leads & engineers, taking an active role in mentorship & career growth
- Work with your Product Manager to develop & drive roadmap planning & execution
- Actively contribute to developing, evaluating, & communicating team & company standards
Who We're Looking For...
- 6+ years as an Engineering leader, with 10+ years of industry experience
- You have led engineering managers, team leads & engineers, building & inspiring a high performance organization
- Track record of leading a metrics driven organization with demonstrative impact
- You have experience managing a 15+ engineering org across multiple teams
- Extensive experience developing large-scale application software
- Knowledge about modern CSS language features
- Strong understanding of the progressive enhancement philosophy in web development
- Experience recruiting for frontend software engineers
- Passionate about platforms in general & building internal platform offerings in particular
- Experience creating an engineering culture around agility & improved developer productivity
- Successful track record of building strong relationships with individual contributors & managers across engineering, product design & product management
- BS in Computer Science or related or equivalent industry experience
- Experience working with Design Systems & libraries that enable it like Styled System
- Experience working with Frontend build systems & tools
- Experience improving frontend performance, especially as related to CWV
- Experience driving the adoption of Accessibility guidelines & best practices
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you & your dependent children
- Fertility & adoption benefits
- Headspace mindfulness app subscription
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Education reimbursement
- Employee donation match to community organizations
- 7 Employee Resource Groups across locations
- Dog-friendly workplace
- Free lunch & snacks
- Private rooftop
Squarespace is a leading all-in-one website building & ecommerce platform that enables millions to build a brand & transact with their customers in an impactful & beautiful online presence. Our products allow anyone at any stage of their journey to manage their projects & businesses through websites, domains, ecommerce, marketing tools, & scheduling, along with tools for managing a social media presence with Unfold & hospitality business management through Tock. Squarespace democratizes access to outstanding design, helping our customers in approximately 200 countries & territories maintain consistent branding across all digital touchpoints to stand out online. Our team of more than 1,400 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin, Ireland, Portland, Oregon, Los Angeles, California & Chicago, Illinois. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com.www.squarespace.com.
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives & experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace & celebrate the diversity of our customers, but we also work toward the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.