WHO WE ARE
Braze delivers customer experiences across email, mobile, SMS, & web. Customers, including Seamless, HBO, Disney, Urban Outfitters, & Venmo, use the Braze platform to facilitate real-time experiences between brands & consumers in a more authentic & human way. And we do it at scale each month, tens of billions of messages are sent to a network of over 2 billion active users through Braze.
Need more proof? Braze was named a Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Mobile Marketing Platforms in 2019. The company has also been named on the Forbes Cloud 100 Magazines 2019 Best Places to Work, & Crain's 2019 Best Places to Work in NYC lists.
WHAT YOULL DO
We're looking for a Senior Engineer for our Application Infrastructure team. The Application Infrastructure (APPI) team is primarily tasked with Brazes transition from a monolithic application to a service oriented architecture. Were responsible for building the tooling, processes, & best practices to support that transition. You will help us architect, write & optimize new, massively scaled services on this extremely polyglot team that supports other engineers on projects at all levels of Brazes stack. You will utilize a wide array of technologies ranging from foundational infrastructure such as Kubernetes, Docker, Helm, & Terraform, to UIs like React Typescript frontends for Ruby on Rails services. You will help build & enable others to build fundamental services which process tens of billions of messages daily.
WHO YOU ARE
- 6+ years of relevant experience with a strong track record of success
- Have strong & good opinions about how code should be written, as well as good development practices
- Experience with devops type efforts around containerization & deployments of services, especially transforming from a monolith to micro services
- Excellent communication skills & a user-centric attitude
- Calm, patient, considerate, compassionate, supportive, & encouraging
- Strong organizational skills & ability to keep track of multiple streams of work at once
- Experience with agile processes & tools such as JIRA
- Beneficial experiences: Kubernetes, Docker, Helm, Terraform, Go, Ruby on Rails, Java, Python, Mongo, Redis, Typescript
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive compensation that includes equity
- Flexible time off policy to balance your work & life, including paid parental leave
- Free daily lunch in the office, including snacks & beverages
- Competitive medical, dental, & vision coverage for you & your dependents
- Collaborative, transparent, & fun loving office culture
If you are a California resident subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act, click here to understand how Braze processes your personal information & how you can exercise your rights.