Who we are
At Justworks were making it easier to run a business & help teams lead happy & healthy lives. We do this with a simple & friendly platform, expert support from real people, & access to corporate-level benets that ensure people feel secure & valued.
Justworks handles the nitty-gritty of payroll, benefits, compliance, & HR, so that people have more time to learn, grow, & seek something worthwhile. We want our customers to work fearlessly, pursue their passions, & do more of what matters. Weve got their back.
At Justworks, youll enjoy a welcoming & casual environment. We have great benefits, Diversity + Inclusion initiatives, wellness program offerings, company retreats, & the ability to interact with & learn from leaders in the startup community. We work hard & care about our most prized asset - our people.
If you are interested in building something meaningful & want to work in a supportive, collaborative environment, & have fun while doing it, wed love to hear from you.
Engineering Managers at Justworks lead a team of Software Engineers. They work closely with our Designers & Product Managers to develop products that delight our users & make complex problems simple.
The Core Web team is responsible for improving & maintaining how we use frameworks & tools (Rails, React, our design system Milo, etc.) that power the web experience for our customers, & defining the strategy for how we use these across the organization. The Core Web team enables the product-focused engineers to focus more on product & domain challenges, & less on the details of scale, security, performance, & availability.
This job requires a strong technical background & a track record for mentoring & growing teams. Our business domains are deep & complex so your ability to positively impact & understand complex systems will set you apart.
What you'll do
- Work with the Engineers & Engineering Managers to scope, prioritize & execute projects so we can improve our systems & better develop new features.
- Communicate & coordinate with other teams in & out of engineering to understand the requirements & opportunities for improvement.
- Provide guidance & support growth in your direct reports.
- Help plan for the future of your team, its products & its people.
- Help recruit, interview, & hire for the entire engineering team.
Who you are
- A track record of at least two years leading productive engineering teams
- Demonstrable experience in prioritizing, crafting, & executing plans.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to grasp & explain complex concepts to both technical & non-technical people.
- High levels of empathy & interpersonal skills.
- Solid understanding of core web development technologies from the browser to the database
- Experience with distributed systems, & architecting scalable systems.
- A desire to help develop a product with a positive impact.
- Knowledge of frontend frameworks (especially React & Redux) is a plus
Diversity at Justworks
Justworks vision is for all identities, backgrounds, & expressions to be represented in the workplace. We're building the foundation for long-term success & intend to cultivate a safe, collaborative & inclusive space & company culture.
Were proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, Veteran status, or any other legally protected status.