At HelloFresh, we want to change the way people eat. Over the past 9 years, we've seen this mission spread around the world & beyond our wildest dreams. Now, we are the leading global company in the meal kit delivery market.
So, how did we do it? Our weekly boxes full of exciting recipes & fresh ingredients have blossomed into a community of encouraged & empowered home cooks that expands across the globe. We are one of the fastest-growing meal kit businesses & are active in 12 different countries across 3 continents. In Canada, our growth trajectory & expansion have been phenomenal. We have launched facilities across the country & have recently added Chefs Plate to our team!
We are proud of our collaborative culture. Our diverse FreshFam enables us to connect with our customers & turn their feedback into meaningful action - from developing new recipes to constantly improving our process of getting dinner to our customers homes. Our culture attracts top talent with shared values & forms the foundation for a great place to work!
If you would like to join a dynamic & highly motivated team & work in a high-growth industry where you can have an impact & make a difference every single day, then join us!
About the Role
We are looking for a Recipe Editor who will lead the HelloFresh & Chefs Plate weekly editorial & recipe card creation processes. Reporting to the Culinary Product Operations Manager & as part of the Culinary & Product team, you will play a key role in ensuring customer-facing content is clear & correct, all in the pursuit of error-free recipes. You will have the opportunity to continuously improve our editorial process & be a driving force behind our food voice. Your industry knowledge will be put to good use as you work with our recipe developers to maintain & improve our style guides as we create delicious & easy to follow recipes together. You will also have the opportunity to lead interactions with global partners through monthly connections to share & learn best practices.
- Be the editorial lead for all recipes cards for both HelloFresh & Chefs Plate brands
- Manage & execute the recipe editorial process from start to finish (e.g., initial recipe edit, recipe proofreading & final recipe card creation)
- Oversee recipe editorial efforts on specialty projects
- Work collaboratively with recipe developers & other stakeholders to maintain & update style guides.
- Collaborate with internal partners to ensure all recipe card & editorial content deadlines are met.
- Maintain & improve an editorial process that works for all stakeholders.
- Support tracking of recipe changes by overseeing internal change tracker tools
At a minimum, you have:
- 3-4 years experience in editing, writing, & content creation
- Expert level skills in copy editing, proofreading, & ensuring adherence to style guides
- A background in recipe editing (writing and/or recipe development) is a major asset
- An eye for detail - youll catch the smallest of things; recipe inconsistencies, typos, misspelled words & grammatical errors
- Experience working with Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign) is a major asset
- Organizational skills to handle multiple deadlines in a given week
- A desire to continuously seek & implement process improvement
- Confidence in your work & abilities - youre able to problem-solve independently
Why you'll love it here:
- A competitive salary & company benefits
- 75% discount on HelloFresh & Chefs Plate boxes
- Partial top-up for parental leaves
- We trust & support you - take ownership of your work & push your ideas from inception to execution
- We want to see you grow - we support your career progression & provide learning & development opportunities
- We take our work seriously, but we don't take ourselves too seriously. Youll work with fun, energetic & supportive teams.
- Weve kept up the work-hard, play-hard energy virtually. From team socials to HQ Wellness Wednesdays to holiday & milestone celebrations, youll have plenty of opportunities to connect socially with teammates across the company.
To ensure the health & safety of our employees during COVID-19, our HQ employees are working remotely! When we return to the office, youll love:
- Our bright & functional space located in the heart of downtown Toronto
- Our test kitchen, where our recipes are tested on-site, so there are delicious meals constantly flowing!
- Our newly renovated employee lounge decked out with a movie projector, comfy couches, board games, a ping pong table, & local craft beer on tap!
- Our gorgeous rooftop patio, with a perfect view of the CN Tower while you enjoy lunch outdoors!
- Our fully-stocked kitchen with fresh fruit, healthy & not-so-healthy snacks, sparkling water, cold brew coffees, & more. (Are you seeing a pattern yet? Hint: We love food!).
You are welcome at our table.
At HelloFresh, we are committed to building & nurturing an inclusive community for our employees. We value diverse skills & experience, & strongly encourage applications from our Black, Indigenous, & People of Colour (BIPOC) community, as well as people with disabilities, people from gender & sexually diverse communities, and/or people with intersectional identities.
HelloFresh is an equal opportunity employer & is committed to providing an accessible recruitment process. Upon request, we will provide accommodation for candidates at any stage.