We are a group of passionate individuals working towards making TouchBistro the #1 global POS product. We are all about ownership, giving each member the tools, support, & freedom to succeed. Above all else, we value personal & professional growth, true teamwork & collaboration, & celebrating each other's wins while still driving to achieve even more. We are fun, scrappy, & arent afraid to take risks. If this sounds like a team youd like to be a part of, get in touch!
Reporting to the Director of Architecture, as the Data Architect, you will be charged with traversing & cataloging the network of data that exists within TouchBistro. Your role will be to identify the relationships & normalize data sources, ensure that it flows efficiently through our organization, & be an advocate for data as an asset for the company. Whether that data is generated from our restaurant platforms, originates from our internal systems, or is shared to us by our partners, your contributions will enable us to harness the full potential of data across TouchBistro.
- Contribute to defining a target data architecture founded on standard data principles & assure organizational alignment
- Document data sources, data structures, data flows, & data infrastructure throughout the organization
- Design & build data models that represent the single source of truth in our data warehouse which will be the foundation of all data-related solutions
- Evaluate external data sources to augment our data capabilities
- Collaborate with & mentor development teams across the organization
- Work with departments across the organization to understand & learn about their data initiatives & needs
- Oversee programs to cleanse, consolidate, & correlate structured, semi-structured, & unstructured data
- Establish data policies around retention, privacy, anonymization, security, & removal across the organization
ALL ABOUT YOU
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Engineering or a related field
- 5+ years application development or database development experience
- 2+ years data architecture or data strategy
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate technical concepts & ideas to all levels of employees & management
- Core hands-on experience with data related skills such as data modelling, database design, extract transform load (ETL) processes, data visualization, working with unstructured data, & data warehousing
- Experience with SQL-based database management systems such as Microsoft SQL Server, Postgres, or Oracle
- Experience with AWS suite of cloud-based tools & services supporting big data such as Kinesis, Athena, Lambda, Data Pipeline, & Redshift
- Experience with NoSQL-based database management systems such as MongoDB, Cassandra, Redis, or ElasticSearch
WHY CHOOSE US?
TouchBistro is an award-winning iPad Point of Sale system, built for restaurant people by restaurant people. Were a team of thinkers, builders, doers, & innovators. While many of us have experience working at restaurants, some of us just have a true passion for the industry.
Were venture backed by some of the best tech VCs in the world & are partnered with top innovators in the mobile, food, & payment industries.
Were global & growing! TouchBistro is used in more than 100 countries worldwide & has offices in NYC, Austin, Chicago, London & headquarters in Toronto. Were a fast-moving, ever-evolving company on a mission to change the way restaurateurs do business & help them succeed through our products & services, but we need talented, passionate people to help!
So, what do you say? Are you ready to become part of something awesome?
TouchBistro believes in fostering an inclusive workplace where all individuals have an opportunity to succeed. Requests for accommodation due to a disability can be made at any stage of the recruitment process.