What is the Position?
As our Workforce Manager youll be owning our virtual provider scheduling, both for our Urgent Care business as well as our Virtual Primary Care business. Youll forecast our staffing needs, build out shift management tooling, optimize physician schedules, manage sign ups, & own intraday management & schedule adherence. When our physicians have scheduling issues, you are on top of communication & ensure coverage is handled for our members.
You will also have a hand in our on-boarding & payroll processes, managing our provider rosters & maintaining provider payroll.
On a daily basis, you will be:
- Using data to determine optimal shift coverage across our operating states & forecasting staffing needs.
- Tactically managing provider schedules, monitoring adherence, & making real-time changes as needed.
- Managing provider documentation & the integration of new providers into our systems including; roster management, credentialing operations, licensing management & malpractice.
- Maintaining provider payroll including submission & accurate/timely payment.
Must-have qualities include:
- Strong analytical & problem solving skills. You have experience analyzing, interpreting, & summarizing complex data as it pertains to staffing supply & demand.
- Strong data organization skills. You have advanced spreadsheet & database management skills.
- Shift & scheduling skills. Youve worked with workforce management software (scheduling, performance tracking, reporting).
- Impeccable attention to detail. You are able to catch idiosyncrasies in data or workflows quickly. You document processes in a concise but thorough manner.
- Independence & scrappy attitude. Youre a problem solver with a positive & get the job done mentality. You are able to run with a task or problem without heavy hand holding.
- Organizational & prioritization skills. You know what to prioritize & when. You naturally project manage & never let balls drop.
- Collaborative. You love working with lots of different kinds of people & are a relationship builder at heart. You are not afraid to receive feedback & provide constructive feedback with those who work with you.
We think it will make a big (positive) difference if you have...
- 2-3+ years of experience doing workforce management & planning.
- Experience in healthcare in a clinical setting is a plus.
- Experience with remote workforce management.
Above all, be thoughtful, humble & empathetic: Our team is passionate about delivering a simple & friendly healthcare experience. Its critical that you are able to put yourself in our members shoes & solve problems with a member first attitude.
Life at Oscar:
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds & perspectives.
We encourage our members to care for their whole selves, & we encourage our employees to do the same with comprehensive medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, & volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicants disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (email@example.com) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy:
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.