We are looking for a Senior Product Designer, based in London,to help us take on our upcoming challenges & improve our product experiences through considered design thinking.
WorldRemit helps people send money around the world to over 140 destinations more quickly, easily & securely than traditional processes that are often more expensive, complicated & do not recognize that the way people use money is changing.
We are proud of the diversity of our users which is one of our core strengths at WorldRemit, many of whom are first or second generation migrants working hard to support theirfamilies.We understand the impact that we help create, & are responsible for, when people trust us to send their money directly to family, friends & loved ones around the world.
Design at WorldRemit
Our design team is growing in terms of people, impact & accountability. Designers are embedded in our feature teams, & form part of a triad working equally alongside engineering & product.
Wehelp introduce new features & products to our app & website that continue to ease the process of sending money abroad, directly inform product strategy through the insights we gather & help facilitate design-led product development.
Our efforts so far have resulted in almost 90,000 five star reviews from delighted people using our products & services - you will be a big part of continuing to cultivate thestories that we can tell.
What you will be doing
- Work with product owners & engineers in your team to set the design vision & strategy to improve our customer experience that includes:
- Sending & receiving money.
- Improving the activation process.
- Reducing the friction of sending money abroad.
- And a bunch more other product features.
- Partner with product & engineering leads, representing the design team, to help achieve design initiatives & provide direction & feedback in planning & product channels.
- Confidently oversee & manage multiple streams of work.
- Partner with engineering to ensure that our implementation & user experience is high-quality.
- Mentor designers across product teams & departments, support the design team by sharing work & helping to improve broad design initiatives such as our pattern library & user interviews.
- Provide guidance, input & support in our review & feedback sessions. Seek out feedback from your fellow designers & beyond your product team.
- Take a lead in recruiting & interviewing designers, & actively improve our inclusive design hiring process.
Does this sound like you?
- You have incredible experience as an individual contributor, with expertise working in a product design team & a great story to tell about the products youve worked on alongside a portfolio youre proud of. Weve found this generally comes with 5 or more years experience as a designer.
- You consistently demonstrate the importance that design plays to help influence positive behaviours for customers, with your experience in design thinking creating engaging & impactful solutions.
- Youre someone who draws motivation, purpose & inspiration from the mission of a company & use that in helping solve the problems you work on & defining the design vision.
- You are a brilliant 'T-shaped' designer bringing your experience with the end-to-end iterative design process, & keen sense of detail to problem solving.
- You have expertise in story mapping,journey mapping, prototyping, low or high fidelity prototypes, user testing & research to help achieve design goals.
- You are skilled with current design tools such as Sketch, InVision, Marvel & others.
- You have excellent written & verbal communication skills.
- Youre friendly, humble & focused on the team, & love working closely with product managers, data scientists, engineers & being supported by experienced designers to bring your unique perspective into the design process.
We strive to offer a competitive benefits package to employees including a personal learning & development, choice of equipment to support the way you work best, as well as a well stocked kitchen every morning for breakfast & a fun weekly town-hall meeting that features different food each time.
Were a global company with offices worldwide (London, UK / Denver, US / Krakow, PL /Cebu, PH & more), so you will have a network of locales to connect with as you grow with the company.
Located in Victoria, our London offices are centrally based with a diverse background of nationalities, enjoying easy access from St Jamess Park, Victoria & Westminster stations all within easy walking distance.
Something really important
We are keen to ensure we are designing experiences that works for everyone, so we particularly encourage applications from different underrepresented demographics.
If the role sounds like a good fit & youre interested in helping making a genuine impact on peoples lives, dont hesitate to apply!We appreciate that applying takes a lot of effort, & we really value the time you invest.