About the Role
The primary role of a Medical Science Liaison (MSL), LUNAR program is to educate & support academic key opinion leaders (KOLs) with the most current education materials supporting the clinical value of Guardant Health's product(s) & in particular the Lunar assay. The MSL will seek opportunities to engage & develop KOLs. This is completed through direct education of KOLs with slides, abstracts, & publications relevant to Guardant Health's products & services, participating in the development & creation of educational slides to be deployed in focused events (such as academic grand rounds or Continuing Medical Education (CME) lectures), training speakers/educators, & identifying opportunities for collaboration on relevant research projects & other projects of mutual interest.
The MSL will be effective at translating data from research projects & disseminating key information through publications & presentations at national meetings, CME, & educational activities. The role of the MSL position also involves supporting commercial operations, marketing, & managed care; education & training of the sales team, & development of local/regional specialty society & health plan physician influencers to drive
- Identify, develop and/or maintain strong, collaborative working relationships with key academic & community physicians, & KOLs to promote understanding & adoption of our novel diagnostic technologies.
- Identify & position KOLs to present at scientific forums such as national & regional specialty society meetings, as well as Grand Rounds & CME events at targeted institutions.
- Critically review & develop education slides based on new publications & research findings, for approval by Medical Affairs & Marketing.
- Facilitate meetings & scientific opportunities for Guardant Health that initiate & strengthen relationships with KOLs & other key physician influencers.
- Support on-site oral presentations, data reviews, & interactive education events for KOLs, also known as deep dive or VIP visits to Guardant Health.
- Assist Managed Care in mobilizing physician & KOL calls & letters to payers/insurers in targeted campaigns.
- Synopsize & educate key personnel regarding emerging abstracts & publications relevant to molecular testing.
- Assist in agenda planning & meeting facilitation of Clinical Advisory Board(s).
- Function as the primary clinical resource to the Sales & Marketing team with participation in medical updates, scientific presentations, journal clubs, teleconferences, & meetings as requested.
- Facilitate opportunities for the Marketing & Medical Affairs teams to partner with KOLs for focus groups, PR events, working meetings, & scientific forums.
Terminal degree in a scientific field of study (Pharm.D., Ph.D., M.D. or academic equivalent such as Associate Professor position).
Clinical expertise or related experience in relevant specialties is highly desirable. Minimum of 3-5 years of healthcare experience in the pharmaceutical or biotech industry.
Experience working with experts at academic medical centers to build consensus around new products and/or services.
Prior experience as an MSL in the introduction of a novel new clinical product is highly desired.
Experience with primary care, gastroenterology, pulmonology and/or oncology is desired
Applies advanced knowledge of the biotechnology, diagnostics, & pharmaceuticalindustry.
Ability to apply advanced knowledge of company product specifications.
Intermediate-to-advanced knowledge of the following computer software programs: Microsoft Office: Powerpoint, Excel, & Word
Ability to work independently & remotely while maintaining a strong teamwork ethic.
Multi-dimensional in abilities to work on simultaneous tasks, work cross-team & at different levels of the organization, whether internal or external relationships to the organization.
Self-directed, intrinsically motivated, flexible to changes in an ever changing dynamic environment.
Strong problem-solving skills, good attention to detail, time management skills, & personal initiative.
Exceptional human relations skills to coordinate the accomplishment of tasks through other people.
Outstanding oral presentation skills.
Highly developed written skills, the ability to produce documents for dissemination both inside & outside the organization for presentations, technical briefs, & scientific publications.
Ability to elicit & answer clinical questions in groups ranging from individuals to larger didactic roundtables & meetings.
Ability to address high-level experts in the scientific field at company-sponsored events & trade shows.
Ability to translate complex information for concise communication & education
Excellent proofreading skills, with the ability to proof for proper grammar, spelling, punctuation, & formatting of documents.
Extensive travel required up to 2-3 days per week to meet with KOLs, attend physician education talks & conferences, including specialty society scientific meetings (will require some weekend work). Travel is estimated to be approximately 50%.
Must be physically able to handle extensive travel in vehicle, plane, or other modes of public transport.
Office may be home-based, & involves extensive use of computer & keyboard while in home office.
Requires the ability to focus on multiple tasks simultaneously, work in high-paced, high-energy environment.